Chapter One: The Cozy Coffee Shop

I made my way out the building and onto the streets, on my way to the coffee shop. The shop was just a couple blocks away from my apartment just within walking distance which helps since thats where I mostly hangout and read my books.

         I don't know why but I've grown fond of the aroma of coffee that fills the shop mixed in with the warm lights above each table along with the sounds of people softly chatting in background while sitting back and reading a good book just beside the large window the shop had.

        As I stared to wander off in my thoughts of the coffee shop I was snapped back into reality by the loud music of the marching band in the streets. Looking to my right I saw a large number of people standing on the side of the road watching the marching band, each one of them cheering and holding flaglets in honor of the kings birthday.

         I smiled at the sight of this, "We sure are lucky to have a king as great as him" I thought to myself. "Maybe I should join them and celebrate?"

          My mind pondered this question for a while and after a few seconds I saw one of them handing out flaglets for people to wave. With the intention of joining in I stared to walk towards the man giving out the flaglets however midway through my legs stopped themselves and started to shiver.

         The man looked at me and greeted me with a smile and said "Hey! Its a wonderful day to celebrate the king's birthday. Wanna have a flaget?" he said in a loud gleeful voice.

          I started to panic as my hands covered my face and ran. After a while I stopped to catch my breath and looking back at the parade I was overwhelmed with the energy and the people that its best to just avoid that energetic atmosphere my my sake.

          After a while I composed myself and I continued on toward the coffee shop

           I reached the front of the coffee shop and normally you could see the place full of people, ranging from a bunch of  highschoolers hanging out in one of the booths to stiff businessmen on their laptops on one of the solo tables.

          The line to the cashier would always be full of people and every time a table would free up it would only take a few minutes till someone takes it again, it is a wonder how every time I come to this place there's a table for me and surprisingly its always the same one. 

         The coffee shop was devoid of people other than a few employees and a few small group of friends. The sight of this stunned me for I am certain that have never seen the shop this empty before but nevertheless the aroma of coffee in the air and the dim light from the ceiling calmed my thoughts and brought me back to the usual cozy mood this place gives off.

             The advantage of few people in the shop means that I get my order faster than usual, I didn't mind the long wait before but this certainly is a big plus for me.

             The cashier handed me a glass disk with a light inside of it right after I paid and said my order. The drink I usually take is a simple mocha frappe with marshmallows on top of their whipped cream paired with a slice of vanilla cheese cake.

            Walking over to the usual table I noticed something in the corner of my eye  before sitting down. I saw a man in a white sweater wearing dark blue jeans with white sneakers and a red scarf around his neck.

          He was standing right at the entrance, surveying the shop before going to the cashier and ordering something. As he walked by me I noticed he had short blond hair and was about the same age as me.

       "I have never seen him before in this shop" I thought to myself as my gaze was pointed at him. "There's something about him that feels off"

         Staring at him I was lost in thought until it was broken by a sudden beep on my table. My order was ready so I stood up and approached the counter. The claiming area was right beside the cashier and he was still there.

           Beside me was that man, waiting on the counter. My heart was racing and I didn't know why until the sound of a bell rang and an employee came out with a tray in his hand with what looks like my order.

             I let out a sigh of relief knowing that my order came and I may return to my table . That is until a voice called out "Umm Miss?",my heart stopped as I heard those two words enter my left ear.

          Looking to my right, I was trying to find another woman, another girl maybe to see if he was calling out to someone else.

       "Excuse me Miss" he uttered in a soft voice calling out to me and at that moment my mind went into a state of dread thinking "w..what could h..he  want with m...me?"

          I hesitated to turn around, frightened to what words would come out of his mouth next but I had to face him.