6; carnival

Taehyung's perspective (oooh perspective change shits about to get down)

In the morning I wake up and stretch. Letting out a light groan of pain from the cracking of my bones, my eyes are drawn to my illuminated cell phone.

As I roll over to check the message, my hair falls over my eyes and the oversized t-shirt I'm wearing droops over my left shoulder.

The message is from (y/n.)

Suddenly my face heats up and my mouth curls into an involuntary smile. I almost forgot that I confessed to her last night.

Hey

I type up a quick reply.

Hey

😛you want to go somewhere today?

I smile and blush. I frantically think up a place for us to go.

Carnival?

Sure sounds good
Pick me up at 12

Ok ❤❤

💖love you

Love you too baby

I heave myself out of bed but not before checking the time. It's currently 10:30 so I've got to work fast if I want to look good.

*time skip*

My hair is dry although a mess, and I'm standing in front of my closet with nothing more than a blue and white striped robe on.

I pick out a blue shirt that, in the centre, in small white embroidery, reads HAPPY. I also pull out a white and black striped light button up to pull over the shirt. Then I unfold a pair of black jeans that have rips on the knees. The shoes I wear are simple adidas superstars.

Now dressed, I put a comb to my hair to create a coconut-like cap over my forehead. I check the time again and it's all good. 11:45. I have to think for a bit before I remember where (y/n) lives and then I come to the conclusion that she lives 10 minutes away.

I hop into my car and drive. When I get to her house, I text her.

u ready yet? I'm here

Look to your left

I look over to the directed point and my jaw almost drops. There stands (y/n,) looking like a goddess. She wears a red and white cropped sweater, with high waisted jeans and black basketball vans. All I can say is that she looks simply stunning.

"Wow." Is what I say instead, frankly too speechless to think of anything else. She giggles and blushes. She gets into the car and leans over kiss me on the cheek.

"Hey babe." She says. "You look good too."

It's at this point that I realize we've only ever seen each other in our school uniforms. Anything would look good if we weren't wearing those shitty outfits.

As we drive, I turn on the radio and I nearly have a heart attack.

The song starts playing and (y/n) immediately recognizes it and she screams the lyrics at the top of her lungs.