12; love {final}

Taehyung's perspective

It's been a week since I saw (y/n.) I really want to see her. I don't know why, but all my texts are being sent back and all my calls to her have declined. My snapchats also aren't being sent.

Now I'm lying in bed with a bad cold. I've been sick since the night of the party, I must have passed out in the rain. I remember getting really drunk, and that's it.

I sigh as my head fills with congestion after sitting up. I pick up my phone and check to see if (y/n) has contacted me. It seems she hasn't. I'm frustrated and so I open Instagram.

I find her account through people who follow her and I message her.

baddiebadtae
Y/n, why won't you reply to any of my calls or texts?

y/n
Go away Tae I don't want to talk to you

baddiebadtae
Why? What did I do?

y/n
*attached picture*

I open the picture and I gasp. It's a selfie covering half her face. She's not smiling, and I see a huge bruise on her cheek. There's also the remnants of a cut on her cheekbone.

baddiebadtae
oh my god baby please tell me how this happened

She explains and I feel my eyes burn, a single tear slipping down. This isn't the first time my jealousy has hurt her. I had really been trying hard to stop being jealous of every little thing that happened with her, but I guess alcohol brought out the worst in me.

I tell her to please come over and she leaves me on read for a few minutes. Then she replies with "fine." I sigh in relief and turn off my phone.

I stay idle for a moment before realizing I should get her something. Then I panic. What am I going to get her??

I leap out of bed and throw on jeans and a t-shirt. My mind races with possible things to do. I could pick flowers from the garden but my mom would probably be really mad. I could make her something, but I don't have enough time. Then I look out the window.

That's it.

The river goes all through the neighbourhood, and has a lovely trail too. I nod. I'll take her for a walk. I pull on my vans and wait for her to arrive.

••

Your perspective

I knock on Taehyung's door and it swings open. I never thought I'd be happy to see him after what he did, but he's always been the one to change who I am.

"Hey (y/n." He says with a breathy sigh. I nod sheepishly. Tae breaks the awkward silence. "I'm really sorry, but can I please hug you?" He asks.

I scoff. He seems awkward before I answer. "Of course." I say. He leans forward and wraps his arms around me and I wrap my arms around his waist.

He holds me tight, and I notice that he's sniffling a bit.

"Tae, are you crying?" I ask. He pulls away.

"I don't know." He says with an awkward smile. "I have a cold and I never know if I'm crying or not anymore."

"Ew! I let you hug me!" I say, mimicking shaking water off my body. He giggles.

"You want to go for a walk?" He asks me. I nod.

"Sure."

We head down the gravel path around the river and we both remain silent. It's awkward but peaceful. I can't help but wonder in my mind why I'm hanging out with the guy that abused me.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" I ask. He nods.

"Listen, I'm really sorry about what happened. I don't know what got into me and I hope you realize I would never mean to hurt you. I still really like you and- no wait, I love you. You're amazing and you've been nothing but patient with my jealousy issues. You're so good to me and I definitely don't deserve you, but please understand that I will work on my jealousy and I swear that on my life."

He looks me in the eye and I can't help but feel sad for him.

"Where are you going with this?" I ask dejectedly.

He takes a breath before replying. "Well, I've already apologized, so there's nothing left to do but ask you if you'll please go out with me again."

I hesitate and he interrupts me. "Please, I love you, truly, and it would be an honour to go out with you again. I understand if you don't want to. I honestly wouldn't, but-" he rambles and I put a finger up to his lips to shush him, and I giggle.

"Of course I'll take you back Tae." He smiles brightly and hugs me again.

"Thank you so much, oh my god, I love you."

I smile and look at his happy eyes and I feel happy too. I lean forward and he stops me.

"Wait, I'm sick." He says.

"Whatever." I say, pulling him by the collar to make his lips meet mine. We share a passionate, gentle kiss and then, in this moment, I realize.

I, (y/n), love Kim Taehyung. Truly.

THE END