[012]

I am slightly bumping up Paul and Jared's age to be seniors. Not 100% sure, so if anyone knows please correct me(!!), but I think Jacob, Quil and Embry are sixteen when they shift making them sophomores, so I would guess that Paul and Jared would be juniors in the book? So I'm just aging them a year for my books sake.

"Skylar, I can feel you rolling your eyes," Jacob grunted, not even bothering to look over at the girl anymore. "Just come on, it's not that much farther from here."

She pressed her tongue to the roof of her mouth, shaking her head. "'Let's go, Skylar, it'll be fun. Oh, but I didn't mention all of the mud and puddles from Washington's constant rain! You can get your brand new shoes dirty!' ... I'll tell you what Jacob, this is not a pleasant surprise at all."

"Skylar," he groaned, actually turning around to glare at her. "You've had those shoes for years! I know because we walked down a similar path when you first moved here and complained about 'getting your brand new shoes dirty' – they're the exact same shoes!"

It was her turn to glare at him, not backing down as he puffed his chest out. "And how do you know these were the shoes?"

"Just shut up, Sky. We're almost there."

She turned back around, biting her lip. "Fine."

"Fine."

Skylar clenched her jaw when saw the terrain changing gradually from the thick grass to the lightly colored grains of sand. "You dragged me out of Forks to come here, only to go to the beach? It is freezing out here."

"A few of the guys should be here. I know Quil and Jared are already here and Sam and Paul should be right behind them. I'm not sure who else is coming."

He just finished his sentence when Jared came running into view, beaming as he saw the shorter girl standing beside his friend. "Skylar!" He wasn't sure who looked more relieved; Skylar or Jacob.

"Take her!" Jacob nearly shouted, eyes widening as he motioned towards her. "She's all yours. Next time you want her to come down, you guys are getting her yourself!" He spun around and walked away, retracing their footsteps.

Skylar stuck out her tongue even though he couldn't see her. "It was a pleasure to be in your presence, Princess Jacob!" Chuckling when he looked around, face reddening even more when she flipped him off.

Jared was silently laughing, raising his eyebrows at the pair. "Well I can see you two get along just fine."

"Oh, he's just a little ball of sunshine today."

He looked over her shoulder, and following his gaze Skylar saw Paul striding towards them, pointing back. "What's his problem? He looked like a little kid who was told no."

"I don't know," Skylar feigned innocence, shrugging. "He brought me here and was like that the entire time."

Paul's face darkened at her words, nodding. "Interesting. I'll have to remember that."

Jared actually laughed at that. "Oh, Skylar." He bit back another laugh when she tilted her head towards him, winking. He moved his eyes back towards Paul. "Where's Sam?"

"Said he was coming later," Paul answered, words directed towards Jared but not looking away from Skylar. "I think he went to see Emily."

Jared grunted. "I better go check on Kim."