[013]

Put it in the books, record this moment. I got a chapter out two days after my last one. Miracles do happen. It is also 47 days till Christmas, and I don't care how many days till Thanksgiving.

Skylar had not even take two steps through the door when Bella ran up to her, making the girl place a hand on her chest. "Damn, Bells. Scared the shit out of me."

"Where have you been?" She asked, ignoring Skylar's statement, a crease forming between her brows and she stared at her.

Confused by her sudden mood, Skylar looked back behind her where Paul's truck had been a minute ago. "Jacob took me to the beach, I met up with a couple of the guys there."

"Paul."

"Yeah, Paul," Skylar confirmed, making her voice firm. "What the hell is up with you?"

Bella bit her lip, shaking her head. "I told you not to trust him. It's a small town, word gets around, you know? He's a hot head. Do you need a reminder about the afternoon at Jacob's place?"

"You mean the afternoon where you provoked and slapped him?" Skylar defended him, not liking her tone. "What's this really about?"

"I don't like him," Bella reminded her, previous weeks conversation echoing in her head.

Holding back a scoff, Skylar took a step back, forcing herself to calm down before she said things she would regret. "Look, Bells... I get that you're worried, but we're just friends right now. It's all I want right now."

"He's not the kind of person to be just friends," she bit back.

Skylar could only gape at her sister for a few moments. "What the fuck, Bella? You don't even know him!"

"When we hung out with Jake and Embry before, he would tell me things going on in the reservation while you were away," Bella glared. "Something was always happening around him, Skylar."

"Oh, so now you're the person to listen to rumors?" Skylar exclaimed, furious. "When you first moved here and all the shit you heard about Edward and the rest, you still talked to him. And now you are sitting here trying to lecture me about listening to literal rumors!"

It was Bella's turn to be speechless.

"I'm not throwing that in your face," Skylar persisted. "I'm not making fun of your pain, but I supported you when you began your relationship. I would expect the same from you."

Jaw clenched, the younger twin shoved past her and ran upstairs. A second later, the door slammed shut. Pushing back the few strands of hair, Skylar walked to the kitchen and slumped down in the chair.

She had no reason to feel bad. Saying that about Edward, her intention wasn't to throw it in Bella's face but to try and make her see both sides. Maybe, maybe, she would have been worried if he hadn't just explained the whole process to her, the imprinting process. Skylar was having a hard enough time trying to wrap her head around that, now she had the fight with Bella pushing to the surface too.

Even though she was there by the water already that day she wanted to go back. Bella's words were stuck and was making her more anxious by the second, despite the guilt Skylar had about thinking such things. Paul had been nothing but a gentleman with her yet the accusations made her wary.

They had just exchanged numbers that day and Skylar was already texting him, hoping that she wasn't coming off as annoying. Making herself send the text, she turned her phone on silent and set it beside her on the table, pushing her face in her hands. She hadn't heard Bella come back down yet and she didn't particularly want to go up there. Bella always needed time to herself, especially after a fight.