Debate

A few weeks has passed and we were about to have our debate about wolves and vampires finally accepting each other. It wasn't exactly a debate, just some teachers and some royals, Taehyung said even his father was going to be here. Just the way I want to meet him, him seeing how I want wolves and vampires to get along. My old pack and my brother were going to be here as well watching me, I know my father will be on the opposing side.

"Lu, you okay?" Taehyung came up to me, we had a few minutes left.

"Of course I am." I smiled. "You should go sit with your father, been a while since you have seen him right?"

"Yeah but I want to support you-"

"I'll be okay." I kissed his cheek. "I love you, just go sit with him."

He smiled slightly. "Alright.. Remember, I'm just a few seats away." He hugged me before running off to see his father.

I peeked out seeing how many people were here, theres was a full house. Okay, now I feel like I'm starting to panic. What if I get crushed out there? I sat down going through the papers I wrote for notes as I gulped. Taehyung's father is out there, I have to make my case great in order for him to even give me a glance. God this is more stressful than I thought, what if he talks to my father too? Oh fuck my life.

"Luna?" I looked over seeing Jimin giving me a bouquet of flowers.

"What are these-"

"For you idiot." He laughed. "Good luck, I know you are going to do great." He hugged me as I smiled a little

I looked at him. "If Taehyung knew you were-"

"Oh he knows." He chuckled. "And he isn't happy, but he knows we are friends so I told him to grow up and deal with it."

"I'm going to catch hell because of you." I flicked his head.

"Sorry. Oh Luna, stop being nervous." He said as I opened my mouth. "We all know it, the others can feel it while some read it in your head. You are going to make people realize that this feud is silly."

"Ugh, okay. I'll try to be chill." I nodded as he ruffled my hair smiling before he left.

I just need to think about why I'm doing this is all. For vampire and wolves like Taehyung and I not have to worry. So people won't judge each other, so we can be at peace like we used to be. It's the only way we aren't going to make each other go extinct at this rate. Having vampire friends and boyfriend has made me see not all of them are bad even more so than before. Yes a vampire killed my sister but that was a crazed one, Taehyung would never hurt my family. Well, maybe my father but that's it.

"Park Luna please come to the stage." They called my name as I took a deep breath and slowly walked out.

After The Debate

I stood there on the podium as people stared at me, my speech was long and prepared and prove multiple great points. No one clapped yet, not even the people I knew. It was like they were taking a moment of silence to take it in.

"Okay, how about this." I put my note cards down and sighed. "I'm in love with a vampire, a royal even." Some people gasped. "Wolves, vampires aren't some heartless creatures. They weren't asked to be made this way, they too have feelings. Some just aren't like others. You always will have a bad apple or two in the tree. Same for humans. And vampires, wolves aren't some dog. We aren't rabid creatures who want to hunt and kill you only. We want love, a family, a home just like I know most of you do." I smiled. "I truly think if you take a minute to think of how we each could finally end this nonsense then you'd see it from my point of view. Why keep fighting when we are gonna make each other go extinct?"