Ch. 4

Nicole

3 weeks. 3 weeks it's been since Brandon has been home. He comes to get more clothes, but that's it. I know it's taking me long to heal, but I'm hurting so bad. I know he loves me, and I love him too, but I can't seem to get pass this. I've been so stressed and so unhappy. I've pretty much zoned out of this world. I've been eating more and gaining weight. I cry almost every day...I miss him...I know I do, I just can't bear to be with him.

It was 7:00 in the morning and I had to get up for work. I threw the covers off me and went to do my hygiene. I put on grey slacks with a green top. My hair was in a high bun, and I wore black wedges.

DING. DONG. Ugh. It's probably another 'I'm sorry' gift from Brandon. They come almost every other day, but it died down a bit after I snapped on him last week....

"You got my present?"

"Yes Brandon I get all your gifts."I said annoyed.

"Baby I wanna come home."

"Well sending all this shit and popping up in my damn face every fuckin week ain't gon get you back nowhere!"I snapped.

That was the last time I seen him, but I know he still comes back. I know how I leave my house, and I know when things have been moved.

I walked down stairs to the door and looked out the peep hole and saw no one there. I opened the door and saw a letter on my door step. I picked it up and read:

"I got sum comin for yo ass bitch!"

What the fuck? I looked around the front yard and saw no signs of someone intruding. I shrugged it off and grabbed my keys to go to work.

***

"Good morning Mrs. King " Rebecca greeted.

I had to fire Jessica, she be tryna fuck every man I get. "Good morning."

I walked to my office and plopped down in my chair. Even though I'm goin through hell, I still be on my A game at work. I pulled out the packet of papers I had in my desk. I read the heading: Divorce. I sighed. I hate it has to come to this.

"Knock! Knock!"I heard a cheerful voice say.

I looked to see a very pregnant Camay and smiled. "Hey girl!" I got out my seat to hug her."How are you and my god baby?!"I said rubbing her belly.

"We are fine. He finally let's me eat."

I gasped. "Ahh!!! It's a boy!!!! Yaaaasssss his lil ass gon be spoiled!"

She laughed. "I know you and Brandon gon do most of that."

My smile faded a lil when she said Brandon's name. I tried to hide it, but failed. "Nicole what's wrong?"

"Girl we-"Oh. Shit.

I bolted to the bathroom. I found the nearest stall and hurled my breakfast into the toilet.

"Nicole?!"

"In here."I said sobbing. I hated throwing up and cried every time I did.

"Oh God!"Camay said squatting and rubbing my back. She held my hair as I threw up again.

"Camay you shouldn't be squatting like this. It'll hurt the baby."

"Girl this baby alright."She chuckled.

I cried harder and tried to calm myself by taking deep breaths.

"Nicole, I understand you cry when you throw up but calm the hell down."

"It's not just that."I sobbed. "I think I'm pregnant."

"Nicole that's great news!"

"No it's not! Brandon isn't even at the house because he cheated on me. He cheated on me Camay and I hate him!"

"Oh my gosh, why didn't you tell anyone?"she asked.

"Because I thought I could handle it and it would be over but I cant. I cant. It's so hard."I cried into her chest.

"Look Nicole, I understand you're hurting but if you are really pregnant then stressing is not good for this baby."

I nodded my head and calmed down a little. "Come on, I'm taking you home, getting you cleaned up, and put to bed. I'll set you up with an appointment with my doctor."

"Ok."

She helped me up off the floor and did as she said she would. I was relieved to be home. The place that was filled with so much depression was now my save haven. I trudged up the steps and ran me a hot bath with scented bubbles. I let my body soak, and let the water soothe me. I stayed in for about 30 minutes before getting out and putting on one of Brandon's big t - shirts and basketball shorts. It still smells like him. I need Brandon here...I want to tell him, but I don't have it in me. I crawled into bed and snuggled up with a bear Brandon won me at the fair.

"Hey, I brought you something."Camay said coming into the room with a food tray of fruit, a sandwich, and fruit juice.

"Thanks. I almost forgot you were here."

"I couldn't leave without making sure you were tucked in bed. Now I called my doctor and he said he can see you tomorrow about 3."

"Sounds great."I said giving a grin.

"Alright, well imma get out your hair. Call me tomorrow ok."

"Kk! Bye!"I said as she left.

I ate my food and sat the tray to the side and let sleep take over.

***

I could hear someone moving. They tripped over my shoe on the floor. I laughed to myself and peeped my eyes open. It was Brandon. I sat up in bed and he heard me and snapped his head to my direction.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you."he said hurrying to get whatever he came to retrieve.

"No, it's fine...how have you been?"

"I've been alright....you?"

Goin through hell. "I'm ok."

He nodded his head. "Well I'll be going now. Sorry again."

"Wait, please stay."

He turned to look back at me with curiosity in his eyes. I scooted over in bed and beckoned him over. He came and climbed into bed with me. I laid on his chest and let him wrap his arms around me. I felt him kiss my forehead and hold me tighter. It was literally the best sleep I've had in weeks.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share