Ch. 13

Brandon

I was driving to Veronica spot full speed. It was nearing 1 in the morning and I wanted my baby home. I came to a screeching stop and hopped out my car with my .49 in hand. The door was unlocked so I walked right in. I didn't bother lookin for them cause I was gon let the police handle that. I crept through the house makin sure I didn't make a sound.

Nasty ass shit. It's dirty, unsanitary, and stank. I shook my head in disgust as I found the basement door. I twisted the nob and went inside.

Nicole

I was sittin in the chair with my head hanging low. Veronica and Jermaine just finished having sex. I heard the whole thing. I took a deep breath and thought of ways to get out of here. I started hearing footsteps in the stairwell and fear crept into my heart.

Lord please don't let it be this man trying to finish what he almost started. I closed my eyes shut and silently cried. "Nicole."I heard a voice whisper. I sniffed but stayed quiet.

"Nicole baby it's me."

"Brandon?" I whispered.

I peeped my eyes open to see my husband here to save me. He started to cut the ropes and free me. I jumped into his arms kissed him passionately.

CLAP.

CLAP.

CLAP.

"Well isn't that just adorable?"Veronica said standing in front of us. "Now get the hell away from my man."

"Veronica you're sick!"Brandon said. "This is my wife and you was just a quick nut!"

"Don't you ever disrespect my woman like that again!" Jermaine yelled coming out the darkness and putting a gun up to Brandon's head.

"Jermaine stop!"I screamed. "She's using you. She just needs you to do her dirty work and she's gonna kill you."

"Veronica, is that true?"

"No baby. You know I love you."

"She's lying. She just wants Brandon. Jermaine...I've never lied to you. Why would I start now?!"

"She's just tryna save her ass Jermaine. Kill her!"

Jermaine looked from us to her. He shook his head rapidly and put the gun up. "You had my seed Veronica."

"I know baby. I'm yours. Let's end this so we can be happy."

He put the gun up and looked me in my eyes. "I'm sorry."

"No!"I shouted.

The gun fired off. I pushed Brandon and fell on top of him. Brandon pulled out his .49 and shot at Jermaine. I felt a burning pain in my side. I looked down to see blood coming from my body. Brandon fired again and this time aiming for Veronica. I started going in and out of consciousness. The last words I heard were "Hold on. Just hold on for a little while longer."

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE