Ch. 14

Brandon

"Hold on Nicole!"I said scooping her up in my arms.

I saw her eyes go to the back of her head as I rushed her to my car. I got her in and ran to the driver side and sped off. We passed by police cars with blasting sirens that stopped at Veronica's house. I killed them fools on spot.

***

I pulled into the emergency room and carried her inside. "Nurse, my wife's been shot!"

"Get her on a bed!"She shouted.

"Check her pulse!"another nurse said.

"She's breathing. Wait, I hear another heartbeat! Get her in a room now!"

What? Another heartbeat. "Sir is your wife pregnant?!"

"U-uh not that I know of. Is she gonna be ok?!"

"We'll take care of her. Are you ok?"

I nodded my head yes. I watched as they wheeled her to an operating room. I went into the lobby and called all our friends and family. They showed up within minutes.

"Brandon " her mom said running up to me and giving me a hug. "Where's my baby?"I could tell she had been crying from her red puffy eyes.

"She's in surgery. Did you know she was pregnant?"

"Pregnant?! No!"

"I knew." Camay said.

Brian helped her up and she wobbled over to us.

"Why didn't you say anything?"I asked.

"It wasn't my place to tell. Nicole wasn't ready to tell you because of everything going on. I told her it was very foolish, but it was her decision."

I fell back in my chair and put my head in my hands. "I should've known."I said crying. "This is all my fault. I shoulda did right by her."

Her mom squatted in front of me and pulled me into her arms. "Don't you dare go blaming yourself for this. It's gonna be alright through the grace of God. Everything's gonna be alright."

I nodded my head and whipped my tears. "Let us pray."Brian said standing.

We all stood. Me, Nicole's parents, my parents, Thad, Jason, Trent, Camay, Brianna, Denise, and Courtney.

" Dear heavenly Father,

We ask and pray that you heal our friend, sister, daughter, and wife Nicole. May her wombs be sealed, and she be restored. We ask that her baby is safe, and that he or she will survive in this time of trial and tribulation. Theses things we pray in your mighty name.

Amen."

"Amen."We agreed.

There's nothing now to do but wait...

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share