Ch. 9

Nicole

"Hey bae,

My mom called and said she needed some help with moving boxes at her shop so I'll be back later. Call me if you need me.

Love, Brandon."

I love the fact that's he's been letting me know his whereabouts. For the past two weeks we've been rekindling our marriage. With him being back in the house is easier for me to trust him again. I still haven't told him about me being pregnant, but I know he's noticed the change in my behavior and eating habits. I know I'll have to tell him soon, but man I'm craving a pickle.

I jogged down stairs to the kitchen and searched every nook and crook of my kitchen. "Damn, no pickles."

I grabbed my car keys and rushed to the nearest grocery store.

***

"Ok....dill, sweet, crunchy....oooo kosher!"I exclaimed. It was the last jar. I went to reach for it but someone got to it first.

I died on the inside and pouted. I stood up straight and looked to see my oppent.

In front of me stood a tall, skinny man with a familiar physique. He looked old and sick from an unknown force. I tilted my head to the side to comprehend who I was looking at.

"Jermaine?" I asked. I just wasn't too sure from how this man looked.

"Hello Nicole." He said bring me into a hug.

He wreaked of a horrid smell. I scrunched up my nose and broke away from him. "You..you've uh...aged!"

He chuckled. "Thank you."

That soooo wasn't a compliment. "Well Um I'll see you around."I said turning to leave.

"Didn't you want the pickles?"

"What?"

"The pickles." He said holding them out to me.

"Oh...thanks."

He gave me a devious smile as we made the exchange. It made me feel so uncomfortable. I went to the counter to check out my items and rushed out the store. I felt like someone was watching me and quickened my pace.

I could see my car in the distance and was relieved I was almost there. I felt the presence overcome me and I was snatched up into someone's arms. I screamed out a cry for help and started punching and kicking the person that held me.

"Omph. Nicole! It's me. Calm down."

The person sat me down and I was able to get a look at em n see it was just Jermaine. "You scared the shit outta me!"

"I'm sorry I just...had to get one last look at you."

"...Im sure we'll run into each other again."I said backing away from him.

He nodded his head and smirked. "Of course."

I got to my car and pulled off as he stared me down. I watched him in my rear view mirror all the way. Wait...is that Veronica next to him?...weird....

Brandon

"Baby what's wrong?"I asked as Nicole washed the dishes. "You haven't talked much since you got home and you've been so jumpy."

She sighed and turned to face me. "I saw Jermaine today..."

"Ok, go on.."

"And I think I saw Veronica too. It was like they were following me...I didn't get a good vibe from them...I was just so scared."