~Ten~

"Dad, tell me the truth." Amy leans against the wall of her father's home as Bella stares at their father.

"Bella-

"Just tell me dad."

"Give him a chance to!" Amy snaps. "Stop cutting him off."

"You stay out of this!" Bella screams.

"It's about me!" Amy yells back.

"Girls!" Charlie yells. "Stop yelling and let me talk!" They fall silent and Charlie runs a hand through his hair, heaving a heavy sigh. "Your mother and I had a lot of bad moments, Bella." Charlie whispers. "I didn't know she was pregnant at the time. I was going to divorce your mother and leave her for Sarah Black, Billy's sister. I met her through Billy and.... And I loved her. Your mother and... We got married out of convenience and I know you don't want to hear that, but it's the truth. When your mother told me she was pregnant I knew I couldn't leave her to handle it on her own, so I left Sarah. After she had you and we made our marriage work until Amelia showed up. Sarah had given birth the same day your mother did and she sent Amelia to me to raise. Your mother was angry and hurt. We decided it was best to get a divorce. She took both you and Amelia, not believing...." Charlie trails off, causing Amy to move to him and rub his arm.

"It's okay, Daddy." Amy whispers.

"She didn't believe I could be a good enough father to either of you, so she took you both with her."

"What about Sarah?" Bella asks snappishly.

"She moved away shortly after your mother took you both." Amy knew he wasn't telling Bella exactly everything, but Amy also knew he didn't want Bella to hate her mother for what she did.

"Ever tried to contact her?" All eyes fall on Amy and she suddenly realized it was her that asked.

"I... I wasn't sure you wanted me to." Charlie whispers. Amy shrugs.

"If she made you happy once dad... Renee moved on, why can't you be allowed to? Why not call mom and see if... see if she wants to come back... to meet me." Charlie pulls Amy onto his lap.

"Are you positive it's what you want."

"I want my mom. My real mom." Amy admits.

"I'll ask Billy if he can reach her for me." Amy nods against him and sighs.

"Thanks, Daddy."

~

Amy sighs as she falls back on Sam's couch. "I'm so tired." Amy complains. "Did, you yell at Jake?" Amy asks, causing Sam to look down at her.

"You know the leach we hunted down a few nights ago?"

"No...."

"She wasn't there. She was too busy with Seth." Jared calls from the kitchen.

"Hey, don't go snapping at me." Amy says. "I..." She should have been keeping up with the pack issues. "I can't do this." They all look at Amy.

"Amy, what's wrong?" Luna whispers.

"I can't tell Seth why I run off with all of you all the time, but I can't just ignore the pack for you." She runs her hand through her hair.

"Honey, hey, look at me." Samy whispers soothingly, crouching in front of her, causing her to sit up and turn to him. "It'll be okay. Seth will understand when he phases."

"But... What if I lose him in the process?"

"You won't, okay, Seth loves you." Over the time since joining the pack Sam and Amy have grown closer. They have come to a brother and sister like friendship that often occurs in a pack like this.

"Fill me in." Amy orders.

"We killed a bloodsucker with dreadlocks the other day. He was chasing after Bella." Luna says as she walks in. "I told the guys not to call you. I know Seth has trouble letting you go, so I figured it was best not to get you worried. We could handle it. There's a redhead that seems to have been traveling with dreadlocks. We keep chasing her off, all the way to Canda, but she keeps coming back. We didn't know why until Jake talked to Bella the other day. Bella thinks she's after her because Bella got the redhead's mate killed."

"So, what she's not going to leave until Bella's dead?" Amy asks.

"Hey, don't even think it, Bella maybe a handlful, but she's human, we protect her as long as she's human." Sam says, causing Amy to roll her eyes.

"Hey, I might hate her, but even I wouldn't want her dead. I wouldn't have anyone nearly as fun to fight with if she was gone." The guys chuckle.

"That was actually close to sweet." Jake says as he walks in.

"That's the closest you'll get to anything when dealing with me and Bella. So...what are we going to do?"

"Protect Bella, I guess. Make sure she's safe from the redhead." Amy nods before freezing. They sniff the air.

"Leaches." Amy snarls.

"It has to be her."

"Let's go. Hurry!" Sam barks and they all rush outside, not bothering to take their clothes off as they phase.

Amy and Sam lead the pack when Amy suddenly sniffs the air. 'I know that scent.' Amy whispers. 'No!' She runs as fast as she can ignoring the pack's yells. She knows that scent. She has smelt it way too many times at Seth's house. 'Henry!' Amy shouts as she sees the redhead bitch holding him up in the air. She jumps on the redhead, the two rushing down the hill. 'Check, Henry! I will not have my imprint's father die! Check on him, Sam! Paul, Jake, you two with me. I need the strongest to fight beside me! Embry, Luna, you help Sam with Henry. I swear to god if this bitch gets Henry killed I will rip her into pieces!' The redhead jumps to her feet as Amy starts for her.

Amy growls, the two facing each other as Paul and Jake run to stand on either side of their alpha female. Jake starts first at the leech. She dodges, but Paul manages to get a bit on her. She hisses and punches him in the snout before taking off. They run after her. Amy is the fastest of them all and she manages to be right on her heels. She tries desperately to get them off her trail, but once you piss Amy off she will never let you get free. Not in the end of it. In the end you're dead.

Amy manages to just wrap her teeth around the woman's jacket as she jumps into the sea. 'No!' She screams. She turns and runs back to see all the wolves hiding in the forest. 'No.' She breaths as she sees her father over Henry. 'No!' She lets out a painful howl, her heart breaking at the idea of her imprint's father dying. She howls until her throat is sour, her wolves howling beside her. She phases back, tears running down her face. "No." She cries. "No, this can't be happening. It can't be."

"Amy, it isn't your fault." Luna whispers.

"Bullshit! Seth is my imprint! His family is under my protection! I failed him! I failed them all!" She cries. "It's all my fault! I should have-I should have killed her! I should have been fast enough to rip her to pieces! It's all my fault!"

She feels a warm blanket being draped onto her. "Amy, look at me. Amy!" She lifts her head and looks at Sam. "You couldn't have done anything, I promise. There was nothing you could have done to save him, but I promise you, we will get revenge for what happened."

"You promise." Amy whispers. Sam takes her hands and kisses them.

"I promise. No matter what. We will get revenge for your imprint's family."