Chapter 5

Cisco

Barry speeds out of the room to go fetch Oliver. We stand around for about two minutes. Joe mutters, "Well, this is awkward."

At 5 minutes, Sherlock jumps up and calls, "Ah!" John smiles, but I'm not sure why.

Finally, Barry comes back. It's been 10 minutes.

Oliver's wearing his full getup. Usually, I don't see him like this, so it's pretty frightening.

Barry's carrying 10 tennis balls. I've heard of Oliver doing this, but seeing is believing, right.

Barry says, "I would not recommend trying anything." Then Barry throws the tennis balls at the wall in full view of the pipeline.

John

The Arrow looks menacing. I could see him hurting any one of us. Lightning Man throws the tennis balls. I see The Arrow shoot multiple arrows, but they fly so fast I can't keep track of them. Then I look at the wall. All of the tennis balls are pinned to it by arrows through their centers.

It's pretty effective. I'm scared.

But Lestrade gasps. That's when I know he's a goner—as are our secrets.

Cisco

I'm almost glad that Lestrade gasps. Such an obvious sign of weakness will get him picked. The other two would get hurt badly before they gave even the smallest thing up. Lestrade might get away unscathed.

Oliver gestures at Lestrade and says, "Open his cell." I tell him to try to not hurt them, but I don't think Oliver listens.

"Anywhere you want me to take him? Somewhere you can clean blood off, preferably."

"There's an empty cell a hundred meters down the pipeline that way." I gesture to my left.

John

I know Lestrade will break, but he doesn't know much anyways. I wonder (morbidly) if The Arrow will want us also for more information, and what he'll do for it.

Joe says, "You know, Cisco, the interesting things about these cells is that they're not soundproof."

Cisco winces and says, "Oops."

About 5 minutes later, I hear Lestrade scream. Then The Arrow walks back into my view. Caitlin rushes past, and I hear her yell sarcastically, "Oh, thanks. I really like it so much better when you shoot them in the arm."

I yell at The Arrow, "You did what??"

"Shot him in the arm. Trust me, there's a lot worse that I could do. He's lucky."

I have to bite my tongue from calling back, "Lucky??"

The Arrow says, "Their names are John Watson, Sherlock Holmes, and Greg Lestrade. Holmes opened a breach with a blue ring and went in. That's basically all that Lestrade knows. Want me to try someone else?"

"What did the device look like?" Cisco bursts out. He sounds interested. Really interested.

"Greg said it was blueish? With legs? I'm not really sure."

Caitlin comes running in. "I stabilized him. He won't bleed out, but it would be nice if you would take him up to the med bay."

The guy in red nods and flashes out carrying Lestrade.

Cisco

While everyone else is doddering around talking about Greg, I'm still wondering about that device. "Are you sure he didn't say anything else? Besides... legs?"

"Nothing else."

Joe says, "Cisco, would that be important?"

"...Probably?" I don't feel that good condemning one of the other two to Oliver, but this could seriously impact my opinion of whether Zoom sent them or not.

Oliver cocks his head and looks at John and Sherlock. I wonder who he'll pick.

John

Cisco looks at us, and says, "Well, John's probably the weaker of the two, but he also didn't invent the device, so I can't tell."

With anyone else, I would be insulted at being called weaker. But with Sherlock, it's pretty obvious anyways.

The Arrow smiles. "Sherlock looks like he might last longer than three seconds. I'd like a little challenge. Besides, he might be more useful."

Cisco laughs and says, "Well, if he gets out, it's on your hands."

The Arrow smiles, but it seems malevolent.

Cisco taps a screen, and Sherlock's cell opens.

Cisco

Oliver shoots a warning arrow over Sherlock's head. Without missing a beat, Sherlock grabs it out of midair. Oliver smiles fully. "A challenge indeed. Are you coming willingly or should I drag you?"

"You'd have to be tremendously ambitious to do that. I suppose I'll come with." Sherlock's smiling fully also. Both of them are obviously bored with weak, normal people. I can't help but think of how perfect they'd be working together.