Chapter 6

Oliver

It's been awhile since someone's caught my arrows. I think the last person was...Barry.

On the way out, Barry mentions that this guy isn't a meta. I'm impressed. "It could take a while to break you."

"Break me? You really are rather ambitious."

I haven't smiled like this in a long time. There's never been anyone who can match my caliber of fighting. Anyone that wasn't affected by the particle accelerator explosion, at least. "You could just beg for mercy, Mr. Holmes."

"Beg? Me? I wouldn't know how. Well, here we are. I'd say I won't enjoy this, but then I'd be lying."

"Trust me, the feeling's mutual."

John

The Arrow looks fierce, but so does Sherlock. They walk off.

After about a minute, I hear the distinctive twang of a bowstring. Then the Arrow laughs, "It's so much harder to struggle when your hand is pinned to the wall, isn't it?"

Cisco winces. I ask, "What is he doing to him??"

"Shooting arrows through his hands, apparently."

"But he could be crippled!"

"He knows what he's doing. It'll be...temporary."

Cisco

At least, I hope it'll be temporary. Oliver knows what he's doing, but that doesn't mean he won't cripple Sherlock.

Speak of the devil. Sherlock comes racing out of the containment cell. Oliver's running after him. He shoots three arrows in a tight triangle but Sherlock dodges all but one, which cuts through his leg. It's a surface wound, but running on it must hurt like hell. Still, Sherlock doesn't even break stride as he rushes at me—or, more accurately, at the door behind me.

I open a breach in front of him. It's invisible, but he still skids to a stop and races around it. How?

Then he's in front of me. He could snap me like a twig, but that doesn't stop me from planning to block his path. That plan falls apart when he raises his hand and shoves it at my heart. I rock back on my heels. Memories flash through my head, but the only thing that I can focus on is, How did he know? Then he's past me.

I focus as hard as I ever have and cover the floor in front of him with breaches. He's trapped.

But I didn't notice something until now. The screen that controls the pipeline doors is flashing. "Cell Doors Opened."

John

Sherlock does something to Cisco, then runs out of my view. Then my cell door opens and I stop thinking and start running. But I've forgotten about The Arrow.

Cisco

I round Sherlock up with a dimension jump under his feet and put him back in his cell—with the door closed. But I have to follow him through.

I hope that Barry will handle John, then I remember that Barry's upstairs tending to Greg.

This could get bad for John if Oliver gets to him.

Then I hear a bowstring twang.