Chapter 17

John

The wall.

Disintegrated.

The cloud of dust hits me in the face and I sneeze.

Lisa says in a sappy voice, "Oh, I didn't know you could do that."

Cisco grins at her. I grimace and ignore them.

The wall disintegrating doesn't help. We're underground, so instead of a cobblestone wall, we have a dirt wall.

Cisco sighs. "No door in that wall."

He walks around the cell and disintegrates every wall, but there's no door in any of them. With a creak, the ceiling falls, since now it's not supported by any of the walls (duh). Cisco reaches up and catches the ceiling and instantly disintegrates it too.

Now we're in a dirt cell. And there aren't any doors on any of the walls. Everyone starts sneezing uncontrollably from the dust.

Cisco reaches down and touches the floor. It disintegrates too, and I fall three feet.

Cisco smiles, apology clear in his expression and says, "Thick floor."

There's no door in the floor, but there is a mass of melted gold blocking off where it would be.

Lisa sighs. "Oh, that's where my gun went."

Cisco says, "My gun."

Lisa laughs. "You can't still think it's yours. You did build it for me."

"I built it. It's my gun."

Caitlin sighs. 'This is going to be another episode of my suit/your suit/our suit, isn't it?"

Cisco goes, "Maaayybe..."

I ignore them and grab the mass of gold. It doesn't move. Duh. It's gold. So it's heavy. Right.

I have an idea and I pull out my phone. "Hey! I have cell reception! Who needs to disintegrate walls now?"

I text Sherlock: Come immediately if convenient. Trapped in cell. Trace my signal.

Then I shoot off another text: If inconvenient, come anyway.

Oliver

I look around and ask, "Anyone have any ideas as to where they are?" We've all become so reliant on Cisco and Felicity that now I have no idea where to even begin.

Sherlock says, "Seven, so far." I stare at him. I have none, but I guess that's what he does.

"So. Where are they?"

He pulls his phone out and taps a couple things into it. "They're...right here. A place called...Chiswick." He frowns. I assume the name must mean something to him, but it doesn't mean anything to me.

"How-" I begin.

"Not now! After we get them back," Sherlock snaps. I don't know him well, but if he's choosing not to show off... John getting kidnapped must mean a lot to him.

He runs out of the room. I hesitate for a moment and race after him. Felicity.

Cisco

The gold block suddenly freezes and cracks.

I say to Lisa, "Oh, look. It's your brother."

She groans, and says sarcastically, "Yaaay."

The gold snaps and cracks into tiny pieces. Snart pops out of the hole. He looks at me and then looks at Lisa. I step back, but it's already far too late.

He glares at me. "You will be very, very, sorry for this later."

Then the dirt wall explodes.

Notes

Chiswick is where the woman John calls "Mary" got the name Mary. (Chiswick Cemetery was where the real Mary was buried.)