Chapter 14

Cisco

I step back into the Cortex and settle down into my normal seat. I'm still really not used to this superhero-on-the-front-line thing.

Felicity and Caitlin are both sharing Caitlin's computer. Felicity snatches the keyboard from Caitlin and types something into it. "I've got the security camera feed in the bank...And the cameras are dead. I can't even see who shot them. Professional job." She does some more typing. "Okay, I've got the feed from the traffic cameras outside the bank... Oh, God. She looks dangerous... and related to Captain Cold."

She spins the monitor towards me and I see a shot, freeze-frame of a woman carrying a recognizable gold gun. Lisa. Golden Glider. Whatever. Of course, it's her. Thanks, universe.

Then I think. If she's here, who else is with her?

Oliver

I find a fire escape and run down it. Everyone is close on my heels. It's a fire escape, so it stops above the ground. I jump off of the end of it and snag the window sill on the way down. I pull myself through it and onto the bank's second floor. Behind me, Sherlock follows, as does John. Wouldn't have expected John to be able to do that, but apparently he can. Barry mutters something and jumps off the fire escape and lands on the ground. Then he runs up the building and into the window.

We're in a featureless room. The door's open, so I glide out. No one jumps on me, so I walk over to the staircase and push myself against the wall. Still nothing.

"Hey, Felicity. Are you sure the robbers haven't left yet?"

"If they have, we haven't seen them."

I sneak down the stairs. Then I hesitate. There's a thin, almost invisible wire right in front of my foot. I back up the stairs and shoot an arrow at it. The wire twangs.

Then Vandal Savage walks around the corner and everything goes to hell.