Chapter 28

Cisco

I casually bring the cylinder closer. Sherlock's pinned just a few feet away from me. I make the top of the sides of the cylinder fold over, creating a dome and trapping us in and, perhaps more importantly, trapping everyone else out.

I see a flicker of panic in Sherlock's eyes. Then he blinks once, hard, and all traces of emotion vanish from his face. It's a neat trick, but it won't save him.

I drop the vibrating shield on my right hand, hoping to use the now available energy to shoot a sonic blast. Almost instantly, as fast as Barry, Sherlock grabs my hand and wrenches it. Something pops in my wrist and I cry out. The shield flickers, but I focus and hold it steady again, letting it spread back over my hand. That was a bad idea.

Sherlock smiles, partially raising his injured left hand. "Now we match."

Oliver

Cisco's hand is bent at an awkward angle. It's not broken, just dislocated, but that means he won't be able to use it. If he wants to relocate it, he'll need a minute of calm. I'm sure that Sherlock won't grant him that freedom.

Cisco reaches up with his left hand and skims Sherlock's right arm. Sherlock flinches as a gash opens up in his arm. It's pretty shallow, but it's huge. And it's bleeding pretty heavily. Sherlock wraps his left hand around the gash, casually applying pressure to the wound.

Idiot. This has just occurred to me. Sherlock is an idiot. He's fighting a metahuman while unarmed. I mean, I could beat Barry, but that was with my bow a year ago. Never in a thousand years could I beat the Barry I fought a year ago unarmed. Let alone, Cisco Ramon, arguably the most powerful metahuman in this universe. While willingly unarmed!

Unarmed!

Idiot.

Cisco

This fight is going better for me than the last one.

I'd forgotten about them, but my vibes start jumping. A hotspot. Newly formed, just to my right.

Perfect.

I slip out of the dome ('cause I can do that) and walk over to the hotspot. I casually open a breach. The power rush feels like drinking a thousand cups of coffee.

I step back into the dome ('cause I can still do that). Sherlock is prowling like a caged tiger. I solidify my vibrating shield and load a few sonic blasts. Quickly, I unload them into Sherlock.

Sherlock keels over and John makes a weird choking sound.

I walk over and step on his injured hand. He groans.

John cries out. "Sherlock!"

I look down at my writhing opponent. "You're so funny when you're in pain."

Then I bend over and touch his spine, right where all the nerves coalesce. With a quick motion, I...pull? That's what it feels like.

Sherlock screams.

Apparently, I can shoot pulses into the nervous system. A less potent version of shattering it.

Joe says, quietly, "Cisco, this isn't you. It's Reverb."

Barry says, "Not yet, but soon. This is...every bad emotion coming to the front. Everything. Every touch of jealousy, anger, bitterness...It makes you feel awful, but the worst part is knowing that this other person is a part of you. And it must be even worse for Cisco. The real him is probably freaking out right now. He's turning into Reverb. His worst fear come true."

I flinch. It's like being kicked in the side. I look down at Sherlock, still screaming. At my foot, clearly on his hand. The hand that had an arrow through it only...earlier today.

I glance up at John. His face is a look of horror and vicarious agony. He's got the look of a man who's watching his world fall apart and can't do the first thing to stop it.

I look down at my hands. They're covered in Sherlock's blood.

What have I done?