Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I softly gasped and almost dropped the paper. "Honey, come on downstairs! You don't want to be late for school!" My mom called. I whipped my head around and glanced at my digital clock on my purple dresser. It had already been twenty minutes! I grabbed the paper, and after putting it back on my mom's desk, I hurried down the stairs. I grabbed an apple, kissed my mom's cheek, and after tugging my shoes on, hollered,"Love you!" I didn't hear what she said next because I was already out the door.

School was super boring, and even though I'm usually good at math, I stuttered at an answer. I couldn't get my mind off what I had found this morning. Is my mom some sort of superhero? I shook my head, and decided that was thinking way too much on this. I mean, what was I thinking? Superheroes only exist in books.

I was so lost in my thoughts, I didn't hear the teacher call my name. "Alex, mind telling us what exactly that note says?" I looked at her in confusion until my gaze dropped to the note on my desk I didn't realize was there. I looked up to all of my classmates staring at me, and I sort of shrunk back. I quickly picked the note up without looking and decided just to hand it to her. She quickly read it and suddenly paled. She recovered and stuttered, "A-alex, p-pass notes in class again, and you'll be in detention." I nodded, confused at her reaction, and she continued on with her lesson. I sighed in relief with all the stares off of me.

I felt something quietly vibrate against my pocket, and I discreetly took my phone out of my pocket and looked at the text. My best friend Liss had texted me. r u ok? I glanced up and looked at her, and she gave me a questioning look. Yea. Just a little out of it. I'll tell u the rest at lunch. I sent the text and looked her. She gave me a thumbs up from across the room, and smiled. She and I had been through everything together, so we knew all each other's secrets.

The bell rang and I grabbed my stuff and quickly headed to my locker. After putting everything inside and taking my lunchbox, I went out to the lunchroom and sat down at my usual table. Liss came soon after, and by the serious look on her face, I had to tell her.

I sighed and started from the beginning, ending where I left the house. "I don't know what to make of it." I admitted.

The whole time she had been silent and just listening and then she snapped her head up as if recovering from a daze. "Wow." She breathed. "What are you gonna do?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the reason I told you is because I didn't know what to do?" I said sarcastically, while looking at her like "duh".

"Ok, ok, that was a stupid question." She agreed. "I think you should just confront her about it."

"But what if she yells at me or something for going through her stuff?"

"Alex, she's your mom, and you're 13. I think you're old enough to handle it."

I thought about it for a minute, then replied, "Ok."

###########

Yeah, second chappie. I have an awesome friend, BP432, who's currently writing a story called How To Not Suck At Life. It's really cool, and it's nothing like mine, but I hope you'll check it out.

-Sarayu

Vote, Comment, All That Good Stuff