Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The rest of school passed uneventfully, and when the bus left, I did a happy dance because it was officially spring break! I skipped the rest of the way home, humming a tune, and when I got home, I threw my school stuff on the table and shouted, "Mom!" Silence. I shouted mom again after I got no reply.

Something was wrong. She was always home after I come home from school, no matter what and this had been the routine since kindergarten. I searched around the whole house for some sort of clue on her whereabouts. I suddenly saw something white on the table and quickly turned around.

There was no one here, and I'm positive that the note wasn't here when I put my backpack on the table. I slowly walked forward, like it was some sort of bomb. What are you doing? Just go to the table! I shook my head and picked up the note. It wasn't a note, but a blank envelope, and after ripping it open, I took out the contents. There was a wad of bills, and a paper.

Next Mission

Rebecca Hilary Stone

Find th-

"Hey. You aren't Rebecca." Someone from behind me with a British accent stated. I whipped my head around and screamed. "Hey! Whoa... Chill." I wasn't listening and I just grabbed something behind me and started whacking blindly, until I realized I was holding a feather. Where did that come from? I blushed and realized I must have looked ridiculous, so I looked at the guy in front of me. He had jet black hair, brown eyes with specks of gold, and tanned skin with an amused expression on his face.

"Wh-who are you?" I stuttered.

"Me? I'm... Nate. But I could be asking you the same thing. Who are you and what have you done with Rebecca Stone?" He quirked an eyebrow.

"Hey! Slow down there buddy, this is my house, and that's-"

"Wait. You're Rebecca's daughter?" He interrupted while looking at me in disbelief as I slowly nodded.

"Yes." I dragged out the S and it came out more like a question than a statement. He stared at me for a few more seconds before he burst out laughing. "What's so funny?" I asked him, irritated.

"You, you..." He choked out before bursting out laughing again. I crossed my arms and looked at him, suddenly angry, and was about to lash out, when he finally gasped out, "Wait, so you're the daughter of Rebecca Stone, and you tried to attack me with a feather?" I blushed, embarrassed, before I came to my senses.

"So, care to tell me what exactly you're doing in my house? And while you're at it, mind telling me how you know my mom?"

He looked at me like I was stupid, and asked, "Are you telling me you didn't know your mum was a secret agent?"

#########

Yep, third chappie. This one's a cliff hanger! You probably think I'm evil, but don't worry. You'll get the juicy details later.

-Sarayu

Vote, Comment, All That Good Stuff