Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"We are, as Natalie probably already said, secret agents, in a sense, because we are the government's secret weapon. The government has the military who do all the fighting and such. But who does all the recovering? We retrieve stuff that's been stolen, and, whatever you would like to call people who save victims of kidnapping. Like... When people get kidnapped, we're the ones who go rescue them. Do you get what I'm saying?" He asked. I nodded my head, as my mind tried to process all this information.

"Now, your mother, is one of our best agents, and that was why I was extremely upset when you said she went missing, because we currently don't have a mission for her. I sent Nate to send her the next one, and you probably figured out how we do it." I heard Nate quietly snicker, and I blushed at how I had reacted to him being in my house. "Ms. Stone, could you tell me exactly what happened the whole day?" He clasped his hands in front of him, and leaned back in his spinny chair. For some reason I felt like I could trust Eye-Patch Guy, so I told him everything from when I woke up to when I went out of the house and met the death machine.

"And you say she has never not been in the house when you come home from school. Never? Not even a single time?" He inquired.

"No, sir." I replied, my tone even. It was now that I noticed that Nate had been quiet this whole time, silently listening. I glanced at him, and he had a look of utter concentration on his face.

"Ok, I think that you've had quite the day, so I'll let you rest in one of our rooms. I don't think it would be a good idea for you to go home just yet. Natalie, show her room 303." I coughed, trying to hide the laugh at Nate's real name. I could not get over the fact that a guy that looks scary at first glance, has a British accent, is 5'7...I think, has a dark, leather jacket, and rides a motorcycle has such a girly name!

"Yeah, yeah, laugh all you want." Nate muttered under his breath. He stood up, and went out of the room. I let out a giggle, and followed him, and I suddenly yawned, so I took my phone out of my pocket, only to realize it was 9:30!

"Holy mother of skittles! It's already 9:30? WE WERE IN THAT CRAMPED UP OFFICE FOR 4 HOURS?!" I shouted. My voice echoed through the corridor, and I could hear shushing noises coming from other rooms. His eyebrows shot up at my sudden outburst, but he didn't say anything. I was even surprised myself, and I could feel a blush creeping up my cheeks, but I refused to be kept in the dark. No pun intended. After figuring out I wasn't going to get an answer, I sighed, and trudged behind him, my footsteps dragging more and more as we continued walking. By the time we got to the room, I literally pounced on the bed and instantly fell asleep.

#######

So... Things probably cleared up. Just to make sure you know, they are agents.

BTW, I'd like to dedicate this chapter to my mom, in honor of Mother's Day! Oh, and to all the people reading this, make sure to get your mom something special!

-Sarayu

Vote, Comment, All That Good Stuff