Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I raced behind him, and we went into a room that looked kind of like a huge metal box with computers and wires, and all that electric stuff outlining the inside of it. Eye-Patch Guy was behind a woman at a computer, who was typing furiously. I walked in and Eye-Patch Guy cocked his head, as if to say, "come take a look." The computer screen had something that looked a lot like google earth with a red, blinking light. "That's your mom." He pointed to the blinking light. It suddenly started beeping faster, and faster before it disappeared. Eye-Patch Guy face-palmed himself and groaned.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"It means she's either dead, or the tracker broke. Most likely the latter." He said.

"But there's still a slim chance she might be dead?" I whimpered.

"Yes, but I'm pretty sure that they must have found the tracker and made sure we didn't find them. I'll send a team out to investigate her last location. Let's go, people, go!" He went out of the room and started shouting orders.

"Wait! I wanna come too!" I shouted. He suddenly froze and turned around.

He put his hand on my shoulder, and said, "Alex, it's way to dangerous for a 13 year old."

I looked to my left and saw Nate going by in all black with a backpack strapped on. I crossed my arms over my chest and asked, "Then where's Nate going? Is it because I'm a girl? Please don't tell me you're one of those sexist jerks!" I raised an eyebrow, and looked at him as if daring him to lie.

He sighed, and told me, "No! We have a lot of girl agents! Nate's just specially trained to do these kinds of things."

I smiled, and said, "So am I! I may have not known what was going on, but my mom taught me how to shoot a gun with perfect aim for self defense."

He looked surprised, and asked, "Really?! Well then, follow me and prove it!" He took me over to a room which must have been the training room because there were a bunch of punching bags, weights, treadmills, etc. He picked up a .32 caliber hand gun, and said, "Shoot at the practice dummy, and go for the-"

"I know, I know! Chest, stomach, shoulder, or leg!" I listed off. "I'm not dumb, ya know!" I aimed my gun at his chest, and shot perfectly. The dummy went down, and I looked at him and questioned, "Still don't believe me?" I turned around, placed the gun over my shoulder, and pulled the trigger. When I turned around, the other dummy was as good as dead. He looked frozen in shock, and I waved my had in front of his face. "Hello? Anybody there?"

He shook his head, and told me, "You shoot as good as your mother!" He looked at me like he was seeing me for the first time.

I looked at him puzzled, and inquired, "Is that an insult, or a compliment?"

#######

Yep, she must be amazing at shooting. I wish I could say the same for myself, but I'd be lying. I have another awesome friend, her username's Shamrocker33, and she has some pretty cool stories. It'd be cool if you'd give them a try.

-Sarayu

Vote, Comment, All That Good Stuff