Chapter 4

RECAP:

"So, care to tell me what exactly you're doing in my house? And while you're at it, mind telling me how you know my mom?"

He looked at me like I was stupid, and asked, "Are you telling me you didn't know your mum was a secret agent?"

Chapter 4

"Yeah, well I don't... WAIT, WHAT?!" I looked at him in shock, then understanding. "Oh, I get it, this is all some sort of elaborate joke to get me back after I dyed mom's hair purple last week. It was an accident!" I defended. It was. I was getting purple streaks in my hair, and I left the spray right next to the shampoo. I left for school, and when I came back, mom was looking at me furiously with purple hair, and you can probably guess the rest.

He looked at me in confusion and said, "What? No! This is real! Wait, you dyed your mum's hair purple?"

"Yes, but that's beside the point. The point is, what did you do with my mom?" I poked my finger against his chest accusingly.

He put his hands up to prove his innocence, and said, "Whoa, I didn't do anything. I just came over here to send her the next mission!" I narrowed my eyes at him and looked in his eyes to see any proof that he was lying.

When I was younger, mom taught me how to know if someone's not telling the truth because it would come in handy in certain situations. I never really understood what it meant, but it helped a lot over the years.

I sighed in defeat, and sagged my shoulders as if to say, ok, whatever. I would just have to go with ridiculous joke until I could find out where my mother was. "Well, then where are we supposed to go to find her?" I looked at him with a bored expression.

"I honestly don't know. We just have to go to HQ, and tell that she's gone missing." He glanced back at me, and then nodded his head in the direction of the door, as if to say, follow me.

"Ok, what kind of joke is this? HQ? Where do you come up with these things?!" I questioned.

He over exaggeratedly sighed, "Since you obviously don't believe me, I'll have to show you. Come on!" He started dragging me out the door.

I pushed away from him, and asked, "Where exactly are we going?"

#######

School Sucks! The good thing is that we're going on an awesome field trip for the last week of school, and it's gonna be awesome!

-Sarayu

Vote, Comment, All That Good Stuff