Epilogue

Epilogue

2 Years Later

Everything turned out alright. The police were on the scene, and Eye-Patch Guy explained everything. Charlotte went to jail for 4 years, and then spent the rest of her life behind a cash register in Walmart. I feel bad for Walmart. Dad's death was a mystery to the public.

The weird thing is, I never learned Eye-Patch Guy's real name...

And me? Well, I was having an absolutely normal life. Except, I was a secret agent! I got trained for a year, and had been going on missions since the beginning of ninth grade. Speaking of which, high school is so freaking hard! The homework is absolutely killing me! Well, I've got a reason to be motivated though. I don't go on missions to retrieve people, but I get to find stolen objects, so I don't get to go on missions unless I finish my homework. I know, it sounds like I'm talking about TV, but the missions are surprisingly fun! I never killed another person after killing the psycho.

Speaking of which... It turned out that he had cheated on mom, so that's why he left. He got mixed into a bad crowd, and went power crazy. He apparently wanted to prove a point to mom... Don't ask me how that works... And went mental. So, even if I hadn't killed him, he was gonna get killed eventually. I just... Speeded up the process a bit.

Oh, and guess what. So, I was going on my morning run...

******

I checked my watch. Yes! 3 miles in 6 minutes! New record! Oh yeah! Uh huh!

I heard some footsteps gaining on me and whipped my head around.

"Hey Alex!" A British voice called out.

"Hey, Nate!" I replied.

"So, how'd your weekend go?"

"Um... Ok, I guess?"

"Oh, great." An awkward silence came over, and Nate cleared his throat.

"So, Alex.. Do you... Um, maybe... I don't know.."

"Just spit it out, Nate!" I laughed.

"Willyougooutwithme?" He threw out really fast, and his cheeks tainted rosy pink. Was Nate blushing? Then I realized his sentence, and my eyes sparkled.

"Yes!" I replied.

"Great! So, pick you up at seven...?" He asked, and he started full out blushing.

"Sure!" And then he left. Wow, Nate was blushing. Is this some alternate universe? I remembered our conversation, and my eyes widened, and my cheeks burned crimson. Then I did a happy dance!

*********

Ya... Hehe. I've liked him since the beginning of eight grade, actually.

"Alex, if you don't get your butt downstairs right now, my kitchen knife will become your worst enemy!" My mom threatened playfully from downstairs.

"Coming!" I hollered. I grinned, because the scent of ravioli lingered in the air, and my mom knew that was my weakness.

I quickly hurried downstairs, and noticed something on the dining table. A white envelope.

Mission Accomplished

Alexandra Ruby Stone

Successfully stole my heart

-Nate

My breathing hitched, and I beamed at the sweet gesture.

So, all in all, life was good, and I wouldn't switch with anyone else. It maybe super dangerous, but it's fun, and I don't really care. 'Cause, you know what? This is my life.

THE END

#######

I'm done with this book! Yay! I'd like to thank all the people that stuck with me through this, and well, yea! Thanks so much for reading this book, and I hope you liked it!

-Sarayu

Vote, Comment, And All That Good Stuff