◇Chapter 2◇

Picture of Sarah above 😊

It was Thursday around lunch time when my phone buzzed on the table. I got threatened not to leave it in my locker again by my "mother".

It was a text from my father saying he wasn't gonna be home until Monday and he made plans for Quin to stay with Cissandra, my father's cousin. I furrowed my eyebrows and decided to call her later to make sure.

"Isa?" Will pulled me from my thoughts. "What do you think?"

I looked up to see a picture of a flyer on his phone of an amusement park that was downtown.

"Wanna go this weekend?" He asked.

"I don't see why not. I'll finalize tomorrow." I pushed a french fry in my mouth.

Will and Desia were talking about some artist while Grayson was adding a few comments here and there. I turned around looking at random places when my eyes landed on Zale and he was looking at me. He looked away and I did the same.

Weird.

I had English for last period today and I was looking forward to it. I entered the highly decorated classroom and saw Sarah sitting in my chair talking to Zale. He looked up and she turned around, flipped her hair and contuined talking to him. I could tell he was annoyed but he was still listening to her. I sat in another chair and the hour of class flew by a little too fast for me.

I got my stuff from my locker and immediately dialed Cissandra when I was outside. I got her voice mail but left a message. I locked my phone, thinking about what I should I do. I felt an arm around my shoulder and turned to see Desia.

"Hey what's on your mind?"
I told her what my father said and that I wasn't getting Cissandra.

"Well keep trying. If she still doesn't pick up we'll take a bus to her house and see if everything checks out. If it does then you can sleepover."

I smiled at her. "Yeah okay."

"Stop worrying." I wrapped my arm around her slim waist as we walked to my house.

Desia sat on my bed while I dailed Cissandra again.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Cissandra hi. It's Isa. Did my father tell you anything about Quin staying over?"

"Hi Isa. Yes he did. Matter a fact Quin is right here. I'll put him on."

I waited to hear his voice.

"Isa hi! Aunt Cissandra and I are making cookies. They look like dinasours." He basically shouted in my ear.

Desia chuckled as when she heard him.

"That's great. Hey, I'll be there to pick you up on Sunday okay?"

"No need. I'll drop him off at school on Monday." Cissandra answered. I guess the phone was on speaker.

"Um okay. Bye Quin enjoy your weekend and behave." I said in a motherly tone.

"When do I ever not behave?" He answered offended.

I laughed. "Good point. Bye love you."

"Bye love you too. " the phone hung up and I looked at Desia.

"SLEEPOVER!" we both shouted at the same time. I connected my phone to my speakers and blasted Love Me Like You Do. I loved the song but it wasn't my favorite. We sang at the top of our voices while she helped me pack. We sang instrumentals and everything. We hurried out the house, making sure it was locked and walked slash runned to Desia's house. We could behave like childern at times.