◇Chapter 8◇

Read a

at the bottom

"Oh my God. Please tell me he kissed you!" Desia grabbed my arm and stared at me as if my next words would determine if she would take her next breath or not.

I gave her a 'are u serious look' and shook my head. "We didn't but I enjoyed our day none the less. That ice cream was amazing."

"Yeah I can tell."

We walked onto the stands by the field to watch Grayson and Will try out for the football team. Sarah was there as well seeing that she was the captin of the cheerleaders or as they are called Spirit Elite. They were practising while the guys did their thing, stealing a few glances their way. We saw Grayson and Will in uniform practising Air Coryell.

"They seem to be doing well."

"Yeah. I hope they get on. They need hobbies." I snorted at her response while she giggled.

After their tryouts they came to sit beside us. Their slightly muscular bodies were shining from their sweat. 

"Well how was it?" Desia asked Will,  who was closer to her.

"Good. I think we have a chance."

"Great." We both smiled at him.

"How was your date Isa?" Grayson asked in a mocking lovebird tone. Desia and Will started lauging due to the fact that I blushed slightly.

"It was good." I said while shaking my head slowly.

"Good!? They almost kissed!" 

"Oooooo." They both said at the same time.

"Guys shut up. What are you 12?" They laughed harder and I got up to go.  .  .somewhere.

"Be careful Isa. I heard a bite from the love bug is quite dangerous!" Greyson shouted behind me.

I smiled to myself and contuined walking. I saw Ezekiel by his bike fixing something underneath it. I was walking past him with no intention of stopping when he said hi.

"Hey. . .Nice bike." I pushed my hands in my pockets.

"Thanks." He had his hand under the belly of the bike while speaking."Have you seen Zale? I can't find him anywhere."

"Yeah I think he's in the Science lab."

He nodded his head with an expression on his face I couldn't quite name but it made me feel.  . Weird.

"I gotta go so I'll see you later." I walked off after he nodded his head again.

I texted Zale that Ezekiel was looking for him and he responded with a thumbs up. I guess he was busy. I went through the rest of the day and rejoiced when I remembered that the weekend started right now. I packed my stuff in my bag and started the journey home. I decided to walk while listening to Tip Toe by Jason Druelo. I collected Quin at his school and we were walking together hand in hand.

"Isa I have a project to make an abicus."

"You mean abacus Quincy." I looked down on him smiling.

"Yeah that. . .Do you think you can help me?" 

"Of course. Why wouldn't I  be able to help you?" I stopped walking and looked at him seriously.

Did he feel I was neglecting him?

Was I neglecting him??

"Well I know your tired. I can see it on your face. I mean, you do everything at home. Dad doesn't do anything. He just comes and leaves." I exhaled as I listened to Quin. He was pretty observant for a 2 year old. I bended down in front of him.