◇Chapter 16◇

1 week after

I was having the worst week ever. Zale was ignoring me and not answering any of my calls or texts. He hasn't even spared me a glance. I kept thinking that eventually he would get over it and the weekend would cool him off but it hasn't. In the hallways he pasts as if he doesn't even see me. I held his eyes once and smiled a little but he only looked away. I really missed him.

"So fix it!" Desia answered in a fustrated voice.

"How?"

"Oh my God Isa. Do I have to tell you everything! Fix it before you loose him." She hung up.

I dropped myself backwards on my bed. I rang his phone again and it went straight to voice mail.

"Hi it's me again. I need to talk to you. Will you meet me after school at the garden tomorrow. Please. I'm really sorry Zale . . .give me a chance to explain. . .

Beep!

I went to bed hoping for the best.

Tuesday

I rode the bus to school, getting a few stares as I walked to my locker. Zale was leaning on his across the hall further down from mine. His friends were laughing and talking to him but he seemed far away mentally. I got my books and walked past him wondering if he got my message.

Biology was stressing with a pop quiz on the body systems and Literature wasn't a blast either. All I could think about was that Zale was angry with me and I was clueless on how to get it back to where it was.

I skipped lunch and my heart's beating paste increased as the hours ticked down to the dismissal of school. The bell rang and I carefully rushed to the garden not wanting him to get there and not see me. I stood at the bank of the river waiting for him. My mind went back to the first time we were here. How we talked for so long not getting bored or running out of topics. I missed talking to him.

It had been 1 hour since school had dismissed and I still hadn't seen him. I kept begging him in my mind to come and just hear me out. Suddenly I heard grass being stepped on behind me and quickly turned around. I smiled and got up brushing my butt off. He looked handsome in a blue and white Marino and a white knee length shorts. He looked at me with a blank expression. I couldn't tell what he was feeling or thinking.

"Your right. I didn't trust you and I had no reason not to. I'm sorry for lieing to you. I really am but I was scared. I was afraid that you'd hurt me even after you told me you wouldn't. I'm not used to being the one who leans on other persons for help or depend on them especially in regards to my feelings. Growing up no one was there to even offer that. I didn't really have anyone that I could talk to either. It was just me. And then I met you and I was afraid to open up to you fully even more after I realized how I felt for you. . ." I glanced up at him and he knitted his brows listening to me keenly.

"I know that I can trust you now and I want to trust you. I want to be with you Zale. . . I hate it that your upset with me." Tears pricked the corner of my eyes because of how honest I was being.

It felt hours as silence consumed the air.

"I'm not upset with you " My head shot up at the sound of his voice. He stood beside me looking out at the river while I was still facing the direction he was coming from. "I felt hurt that you didn't trust me. Even after I've been trying so hard to show you that you can. I opened up to you and I trust you. All I ask for is the same in return. I'm not that type of person Isa." He turned his head looking at me. The blinds that were hiding his feelings were pulled up and I could see just how much I hurt him. Trust is a big deal to him apparently.