◇Chapter 7◇

Zale and I have been going to the river each Tuesday for the past three weeks. We also had lunch together a couple of times under the tree where he asked for my number. He sometimes invited Desia and the guys to have lunch with us as well. Such a gentleman. He was really a great guy and I felt completely safe and free around him. I could really be myself and being around a hot rich guy like Zale usually called for one to be stoosh. But not with him. He was smart, responsible, respectful and trustworthy. I knew I could tell him anything. . . but for some reason I was afraid to tell him about my father. Maybe I was scared that he would end our friendship or slowly drift away.

I kept Desia up to date about our conversations and such making sure not to leave out a single detail.  Zale also called me every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We talked about everything under the sun and I also learned a great deal about him. His dad is the CEO and founder of Mcguire Law and his mom manages an overseas branch of the same company. He had a sister but she died when she was 5 from Leukemia. I could feel his hurt when he talked about her. It was prominent in his voice and eyes.  He also showed me a picture of her that was in his wallet. She had long curly hair, silky caramel complexion and the kindest eyes. She looked like the female version of Zale.

Monday

"Isa what are you doing on Thursday?" He was leaning on the tree with his right hand on his right knee and the other hand had his turkey sandwich. I was facing him with my legs bent under each other with a strawberry milk shake in my hand.

"Nothing special. Why?" I was sipping my shake while scrolling through my instagram and listening to him.

"I'm taking you out. Be ready at 4." He contuined eating as if he hadn't just ordered me. I looked up at him immediately while he chewed his food, his strong jaws going up and down.

"Your taking me out?" I raised one of my eyebrows.

"Yes."

"And what if I say no?"

"Then I'll be at your house by 4 and if your not ready I'll get you dressed, throw you over my shoulder and carry you out of the house myself." He looked up at me without raising his head fully with an evil smirk on his face. He looked dangerously handsome and I felt paralyzed as I looked into his eyes.

After a few seconds of thinking I asked him where we would be going.

"It's a surprise. Dress casual and you'll be just fine."

"I have to be home by six to pick up my brother." I informed him just so he knew.

"Oh. I thought your Dad did that seeing he left work at 5." I immediately looked down from his gaze and racked my brain to find something to tell him.

Shit!  Shit!  Shit! I can't find anything. Dad is sick? No! Dad has errands? No! Dad has to work late?. . .yes! That will work.

"He has to work late." I answerd after what seemed like forever.

"Isa?"

"Yes." I was still scrolling on my phone not wanting to meet his gaze.

"Look at me." I hesitantly looked up at his slightly serious face.

"You know you can trust me right? Tell me anything?" His face was full of concern and I knew he wanted to make sure I knew I could.

"Yes I know." I sighed defeated.

"Good. Now what's going on with you and your dad?"

"Nothing."

He looked me dead in the eyes without blinking once. "Don't lie to me." He spoke dangerously slow.

I looked away towards the football field.