"A Lost Boy"

I sat beside Henry as he watched all the lost boys having fun. Most of them watching two other boys climbing up ropes that had been tied to tree branches. I twiddled my thumbs as I thought about everything.

"Hey!" I hear Henry say.

I look up and turn to see a boy with a spear, poking Henry in the shoulder with it. "So you're the one Pan has been looking for all this time?"

I stand up, pushing the spear out of the way and stepping in between them. "What's your problem?"

He doesn't say anything, only stares at my shadowed face. I stare at him angrily for a moment before scoffing and turning back to Henry.

"Ignore him. In fact, ignore everybody, your family is going to get you off this island and you won't have to-"

The boy grabs my arm and shoves me up against a nearby tree. He points the spear at my chest.

"Why did Pan even keep you on the island?"

"I remember him saying something about the magic inside me" I say sassily. "But you should ask him yourself if you want a real answer"

"Stop" Henry demands.

The boy turns to him, pointing the spear at him. Henry picks up a stick, most likely to defend himself with. The boy lashes out, trying to hit Henry but I kick him in the back of the leg, making him fall to the ground on his knees. I take his spear from his hands and point it at his face when I walked around to face him.

"Not bad" Pan whispers as he suddenly appears behind me at a close distance. "But how would you perform in a sword fight?"

"I don't know how to fight, I've never actually held any weapons before" I say, facing him. "I only know hand to hand combat, with a weapon I'm useless"

"What about you Henry? Close your eyes and imagine you're holding a sword" Pan instructs him.

The stick Henry had picked up earlier turned into a sword. I stare in awe as Henry excitedly starts attacking the boy who only had a flimsy spear to protect himself with. Everyone starts cheering Henry on and my awe turns into worry. Henry manages to chop the spear in half but continues attacking.

"Henry, that's enough" I say, trying to stop him.

I step in front of the boy and Henry slices my cheek with the sword. My hand flies up to the gash on my cheek and Henry instantly starts apologizing.

"Henry, a lost boy never apologizes" Pan says.

The lost boys cheer at Henry's success and in return he raises his sword in victory. I make my way out of the crowd, heading straight for the forest. I hear footsteps following me, crunching the fallen leaves on the ground.

"Pan just don't" I say, continuing to walk even though a strong wind had started blowing in my direction. My cloak and hair were blowing in the wind, my hood had fallen.

"What's wrong love?" I hear him ask, I could hear how much he was enjoying my displeasure.

"You, you're what's wrong. You've turned that poor boy who only wanted to stay with his family into a lost boy, it's not ok"

His footsteps stop but I don't even think twice about continuing on to wherever I was headed. I just wanted to get away from him, it, whatever he was.

"What do you have against me?" He asks, at my side now.

"You're evil, you use people, you lie"

"Have I ever lied to you or used you?"

I think about it for a minute then stop walking. "You're using me for my magic-"

"But I've never lied to you, now have I?" He adds, hastily cutting me off.

"It doesn't matter. You're still evil" I mumble as I start walking aimlessly again.

He grabs my arm and pushes me up against a tree, I could feel a bruise forming where he had grabbed. His eyes looked at me with hatred but it was only a mask, a mask that was easy to see past. His eyes looked to be filled with hatred, but they were filled with something more difficult to decipher.

"You better think twice about what comes from your mouth" he hisses.

"Or what?" I say, moving my face closer to his, trying to show I wasn't scared, which I wasn't. At the moment though I was trying to keep the heat going to my cheeks down, I could not have him thinking he had any advantage over me.

His other hand goes to my chin, one of his fingers hooking underneath it. He roughly lifts up my head so it was closer than before, now I could feel his breath brush my lips and I wanted nothing more than for him to kiss me.

"Or I'll have to silence you" he whispers seductively.

I shove him away from me and walk back towards the camp. I could hear Pan snicker from behind. Arms encircle my waist and I freeze at the sudden contact. Pan's chest was pushed up against my back, I could feel his steady breathing but the heart beat was missing. Unless the beating was just so faint I couldn't feel it.

"You won't be walking away from me once I've won" he whispers in my ear, his breath brushing against my ear.

"Well then, it's a good thing you won't be winning"

"I'm not talking about the ongoing game right now involving that boy and his family" he turns me around in his arms to face him.

"Then what?" I ask, trying to keep some distance between our faces.

"Wether or not you open that book and give it to me"

"That's stupid. You know I would never give you the book" I tell him, getting out of his arms and walking away.

"Not if you end up falling for me" he says, loud enough for me to hear.

I shake off what he just said, thinking-knowing it was impossible for me to fall in love with that beast, no matter what I felt earlier when he had pushed me up against the tree. It's only the hormones, right? Every girl wants a good looking guy, but that doesn't mean they will love them. However, a small part of me, the part of me that wanted to love, was screaming for me to love him.