epilogue

'I DON'T LIKE HIM'

6 months later.

I walked into the kitchen alongside Emma just as Olive finished boiling the kettle.

"That'll do Olive, no one likes over boiled tea." Miss Peregrine told her.

There was a tall boy with dark hair and dark eyes standing in the middle of the room that I didn't recognise.

We made eye contact and I frowned, who was he?

"Oh yes, how silly of me." Miss Peregrine chuckled as she looked between the boy and me. "Nevaeh, this is Jacob portman, Abe's grandson."

Jacob gave me a small smile. "Please, call me Jake." He said as he held out his hand.

I shook it and his brows furrowed. "Your eyes." he said slowly. "They're cool."

"Thanks." I smiled as I saw Enoch walk into the room. Olive stopped pouring the tea and nodded to me.

"Let me help you with those, Enoch." She offered, referring to the jars that he was holding in his arms.

"Don't bother." He said sourly as he glared at Jacob. "I wouldn't want to interrupt your little tea party." Was all he said before hurrying out of the room.

"I'll go." I said to Olive, who had a distraught look on her face. She saw Enoch as the brother she never had and it hurt her when he was so mean to people."It was lovely to meet you Jake." I smiled to him as I rushed after Enoch.

"What was that about?" I questioned him halfway up the stairs.

He took a moment to answer and I could hear Miss Peregrine giving Jake her condolences.

"I don't like him." Enoch replied and continued walking.

"You haven't even met him properly." I chuckled, following him into his room.

"I just know he's going to bring trouble." He said before setting the jars down and opening one. "Are you going to help me or not?" He smirked.

I smiled and quickly picked up a doll head and a few spare limbs.

That's all folks :) thanks for reading, this book was honestly quite fun to write....I also recently published a stranger things book on Billy Hargrove if y'all are interested.
Until next time, and remember.... stay peculiar!