Chapter 71 // A Small Peck

The covers were pushed back, only covering our calves and feet. I kept my arms around his upper hips, resting on top of him, my head on his chest, my legs on his. I let my shoulders hug my neck the whole time. My eyes were closed, as I felt myself move up, then back down, slowly as he breathed. Thump. Thump. Thump. Other than his faint breaths, his heartbeat was the only thing I could hear. It was warm.

Negan had his left hand under his head, on the pillow, as he faced upwards with his eyes closed, while the other came down as rested over the back of my waist. His hand curled around to hold the right side of my waist. Sometimes, moving it lightly up and down - in a non-sexual way.

We both woke up an hour earlier than usual today, for our next run to, the great, Alexandria, but we decided to just lie in together until it was time. We didn't speak. We didn't choose not to. We chose to lie with eachother for a while, staying in a comfortable silence - almost as if we were on the edge of falling back to sleep.

It wasn't long before his forearm turned, letting his hand go across my back. He patted me gently, whispering, "Come on, let's get up now" I cooed, then asked, "Do we have to?" I moved my arms, so they were layed on him - crossed. I put my chin on my arms, and looked up to him. He nodded, "I'm afraid so, doll" I closed my eyes lightly, "Can't we just stay here- forever?" A smiled creeped up onto my face, as I wobbled slightly, from him chuckling. He moved both hands to just under my shoulder blades. His legs lifted slightly as he got up. Slouching up against him, my legs ended up between his as I sat on my legs. My shoulders hugged my neck again, as I rested my forehead against his chest.

"No... you were so comfortable to lie on," I admitted, feeling his legs cross lightly behind me - surrounding me. His shoulders came forward, and he wrapped his arms around me, from my shoulders going down to the very bottom of my spine. It was warm again.

Soon later, I looked up, moving back as much as I needed to, to see his face. I smiled, and he smiled back. He came down, pecking my lips. "You're getting me all relaxed and shit, doll. I need to kick ass, not kiss ass" I laughed lightly, "You can kiss me again, if you want" He huffed and moved his arms. Cupping my cheeks, he pecked my lips over and over again.

As I smiled against his lips, he stopped and looked at me, "I could do this forever, but there are people to manage" Pouting a frown, I gave in, "Fine..." But, as I got up, I accidentally rubbed my knee against the wrong place. I grinned, "oops- sorry" He huffed out, bending forward, holding himself, then straightening himself back up. He ran off the bed, and held my chin, with his evil smirk, "Just you wait for it, I'll make you say sorry and cure that little problem you just brang up" "Oh? I can't wait," I stuck out my tongue and left for our bathroom - locking myself in. He ran after me, then banged the door with his fist, "Watch when we get back today, I will not let you sleep tonight" "Don't keep me waiting!" I teased.

Time Skip

We soon got to Alexandria. "Here we are, finally," I announced with a huff. Hecate chuckled at me, knowing I was tired after all that waiting around to get here.

We did the same old routine: get out, gather together and get inside. It ran smoothly today and we were soon to get into Alexandria. I was planning on getting some things checked out, to mostly piss off Rick, but also because I could. After waving off Negan and Hecate, I left to check out some houses - especially the top floors.

Negan's POV

Seeing off the girls, I went by my visit. And by 'visit' I knew I fucking meant thinking about Y/N way too much. As much as I could make it look as if I'm paying attention, I really wasn't.

I knew it had been a good few days since I gave her that ring, but it still played on my mind. Sure, I may not have showed how much of a big deal it was for me to give it her, but it seriously fucking was. Whether she takes it as seriously as I do, or not, I don't mind. But, that ring alone, has more meaning to me than anything else. Y/N and Hecate mean a fuck ton to me, but as far as items or objects went? That ring was at the top. I was aware that I didn't go out and buy it for her, but who gave a shit? I knew I didn't. But I did give a shit when she took it.

Hecate's POV

"You think?" I raised an eyebrow, cocking my hips, non-dramatically. Carl nodded. I hummed, and thanked him. As he put Judith down to sleep, I moved my lip ring around with my thumb and finger.

"You know, I never got to ask," He started, walking back over to me, "Why do you talk to me, even though were on different sides?" For once, I had no response. No sarcastic comment, no shrug, no thought about it. Until now.

I just... liked to speak to him. He was the only other kid my age, we actually got on pretty well and he was a genuinely good guy. I hesitated to reply. He didn't rush me though, just looked at me. I brang my fist to my mouth for a second, clearing my throat awkwardly as heat rose to my cheeks.

"Um-" I jumped, got tense, panicked, and held his face with one hand quickly then pecked his lips. Half a second after the first point of contact, my eyes shot back open. I jolted back, away from him, thinking: 'fuck!'

I groaned, in embarrassment, "I've got to go!" But as I made a run for the door, I felt both of his hands grab onto the closest arm and pull me back. One of his hands-

Carl's POV

One of my hands flew to her cheek, the other still keeping hold of her arm. I lightly planted my lips back to hers. I finally felt that cool lip ring against my lips, and I wasn't disappointed.

If she really liked me how I liked her, I could feel like the luckiest person alive.

Y/N's POV

I looked through one of my old drawers. "What..?" I muttered to myself.