You're Fucking Gorgeous, Dallon Weekes

Dallon, Kenny, and Spencer all rushed to the stage to try to catch up with the lead singer of their band, faces a blur as they ran past stage crew who quickly moved out of the way. The stage lights were down, which meant Brendon could do practically anything and not have too many people notice him.

The singer ran onstage-despite the band members protests-noticing that only one or two people in the pit were craning their necks to try and figure out whether he was stage crew or not. He backed up and let himself sit behind the drums, out of view so the piercing screams wouldn't make his ears bleed quite yet. He turned his head, still smiling like mad as he saw his band mates off to the side, face palming.

Everyone, except Dallon..

He just stood there with his hands in his pockets, looking up at the ceiling in absentminded thought. His beautiful blue eyes looked around with mild interest.

Dallon

Just that name, it was enough to make Brendon's heart melt. Seeing him everyday put a smile on his face but it hurt when the singer would smile at the bassist and the other wouldn't return it. Dallon would simply stare at him sadly, as if he wanted to do something desperately but couldn't.

Brendon had been intrigued by his bassist's old band. He looked into their music and eventually got in contact with the old band members. Dallon's band mates had told Brendon about the early days of The Brobecks. They told him how Dallon used to smile almost every second. Dallon had seemed content with his life at the time is what they had thought. The drummer told Brendon how he'd suddenly ended the band one day, the light behind his eyes gone.

While Brendon was sprawled out behind the drums in his own little world, Dallon had quietly walked over and sat in front of him, watching the man stare off into space.

"Hey B...?"

He uttered, watching as the man beneath him blinked in surprise and then looked up to see Dallon.

"Jesus..."

"You're fucking beautiful, you know that man?"

Brendon said, abruptly sitting up and turning to face Dallon. The bassist wasn't sure how to respond but he knew he had to turn the topic of conversation away from him.

"Nah... Nothing like you."

Dallon chose his words carefully, dancing around the comments he wanted to say about himself.

Ugly.. Incompetent.. Untalented..

The list went on and on. Brendon scoffed and shook his head, looking at his feet.

"No. Listen to me, Dall.. You got piercing blue eyes and perfect dark hair. You're tall but just the right kind of tall. Your features are perfect.. And that suit makes it all look better."

The muffled yells of the crowd getting pumped up for the imminent concert started to fade away and Dallon could feel tears brimming in his eyes.

"And when you get into bass playing? I mean when you really get into it and you forget about everyone watching and just play. And you close your eyes and open your mouth slightly, just enjoying the music..."

"You're fucking gorgeous, Dallon Weekes..."

Brendon couldn't stop talking. He knew he should probably shut his mouth before he said something he couldn't take back that would ruin their friendship but he was just so sick of holding these intimate compliments in. He was so sick of seeing Dallon tear himself apart after every concert.

Tears were running down Dallon's face and he wasn't even sure whether they were tears of joy or sadness anymore.

God why does he have to have a girlfriend....?

Dallon thought dejectedly.

"Bren... I think it's time to get our instruments and start the concert."

Dallon said hurriedly, his voice cracking mid-sentence as he abruptly changed the subject. He had to ignore those compliments. They weren't real.

God, this hurts...

The tall man abruptly got up, wiping his tears away with the back of his hand as soon as he turned his back to Brendon. He let out a shaky sigh as he tried to calm himself down. Kenny looked concerned when he reached the edge of the stage but knew better than to ask hat was wrong when Dallon looked at him and shook his head.

Brendon sighed and got up as well. What was wrong with him? Not even 10 minutes prior he'd told himself to be careful about what he said to Dallon and now he'd let his emotions get the best of him.

When he reached the edge of the stage, he found Kenny and Dallon each with their guitar and bass respectively and Spencer with his drumsticks in hand.

Brendon quickly grabbed his guitar that was handed to him by stage crew and slipped the strap over his head. The stage lights brightened and the crowd roared as Panic! walked onstage, smiles on each of their faces.

Brendon ran up to his microphone, plucking it from the mic stand and yelling into it immediately.

"HOW WE DOING OUT THERE TONIGHT, LA?!"

The crowd cheered loudly in response, fans bouncing up and down in the pit. Dallon and Kenny took their places to the left and right of Brendon while Spencer took his place behind the drum kit, twirling his drum sticks.

"LET'S GO!!!!"

He yelled into the microphone before the sound of Vegas Lights blew through the speakers on the stage, making Brendon dance and jump around excitedly. He started singing with a smirk on his face, slightly bending over with the mic in his hand and shaking his head, the slicked back hair on his head flopping around.

"Oh, if you only knew... What we've been up to! I guarantee you'd keep it secret..."

Brendon's never ending energy kept him jumping up and down and running across the stage the entire song. As Vegas Lights ended, he ran a hand through his hair and smiled widely, the crowd cheering in excitement. He walked over to Dallon and ruffled the man's hair, pressing a quick kiss to the side of his head. The action made the girls in the pit scream like animals as well as most of the rest of the crowd. Dallon only blushed and looked down at his bass in embarrassment, shaking his head a little. Why was Brendon paying so much attention to him today?

"How you guys doing out there?!!"

Brendon yelled.

More cheers.

"Y'all better know this one."

He said before the beat of Miss Jackson started and everyone screamed. Dallon immediately started dancing but faltered as his insecurities took over. He frowned and halfheartedly kept dancing. Brendon noticed this and frowned as well. He wanted Dallon to enjoy himself.

"Out the back door, goddamn but I love him anyway!"

Brendon realized his mistake a little too late but he decided to try and make it look like something he'd done on purpose. He pointed at Dallon and smiled, the other looking over in slight confusion before full on laughing as realization hit him. He started dancing with a bit more vigor, a slight smile remaining on his lips.

That's it, Dall. Enjoy yourself..

Brendon thought as he looked back towards the crowd, taking in the crowd's excitement. This concert seemed to be getting better by the minute. What could go wrong?