House of Memories

He was warm in my arms, breathing softly as he watched the waves drift by. His hair, soft and brown, smelled like roses.

Everything was so silent and peaceful... But it felt like a dangerous bliss to slip into for too long.

"Dallon?"

He suddenly mumbled my name and I looked down, attention focused on nothing but him now.

"Yeah..?"

"Why won't you look at me?"

I looked up at the tree we were sitting under, it's leaves rustling from a nonexistent wind. It almost felt too perfect..

"You never let me... And every time I try to look, all I get is a... blurry face."

He shifted in my arms and turned his face ever so slightly and I swore I could almost make out a pair of lips and two strikingly familiar brown eyes but he straightened his head before I could get a good look.

"That's not me. It's your brain refusing to let you see me."

He said with a sigh and slumped in my arms.

"I'm sorry..."

I apologized and went to move my arms away but he grabbed them and pulled them back around his waist, making a noise of protest. He slid his hand up my arm before finding my hand and intertwining our fingers. A wave of relaxation washed over me when he did so.

"Don't apologize... I'm still there, in your head, somewhere. Everything is."

He leaned his head back on my shoulder and I took the opportunity to leave light kisses on his exposed neck as he breathed in. I reveled in him. Let myself sink into this stranger's touch and voice and smell and.. His everything.

Cigarettes and cinnamon spice... The intense aroma from his neck made me dizzy.

"Who are you?"

Curiosity finally got the better of me but I got the feeling that this man wouldn't answer my questions.

Instead, he kissed our intertwined hands gently and sighed. I could hear a heavy amount of sadness in his voice.

"Look for me..."

He simply said.

Dallon woke up panting, his eyes wide and desperate.

"Damn it!"

He yelled out angrily, the comforting bliss he'd felt just moments before in his dream long gone. Dallon frowned as he felt something wet dripping from his nose and he quickly swiped his hand under it to reveal he had a nosebleed.

"The hell..?"

He mumbled to himself and reached towards the nightstand to grab some tissues, fervently wiping away the blood.

Dallon tried to search his head for any memories of the person in his dream but he didn't have anything straightforward to look for. He couldn't search for a face because it'd been too distorted to make out. All he remembered was that comforting smell and his soft voice.

Cigarettes and cinnamon spice...

All he cared about was finding this person, whoever they were.