A Sniper's Point of View

The flap of his vest in the wind made him feel restless. A trail of long red fabric wrapped around his waist and flowed behind him as he stared through the scope. The sniper felt heavy in his hands but he wasn't nervous at all. No, in fact, he was excited. He wanted to see the look on Brendon's face when he made that bassist suffer for replacing him. No one replaced him, let alone some washed up musician whose last band hadn't even really kicked off.

Ryan Ross hated Dallon Weekes.

He hated him with his entire being.

Never before had he felt such resentment towards another human being. He remembered the first time he'd seen the bastard with Brendon. He spotted the googly eyes straight away and internally rolled his eyes.

Brendon would never fall for a guy like him.

Yet when he looked over at his ex, he saw an expression that used to be reserved for only him. He saw love and longing. A pit of rage emerged in his stomach as he looked back at the timid bassist.

"Hey, Brendon? Can I talk to your new bud here for a sec? Just wanna give him some tips, y'know? Tours can get overwhelming for greenies."

Dallon was about to make a comment about how he'd toured with his old band, The Brobecks, before and that it couldn't be all that different but he somehow got the impression Ryan didn't care.

Brendon looked at Ryan strangely. There was that flash of distrust in his eyes, of uncertainty and fear that turned into submissiveness before he reluctantly nodded and turned away to talk with Spencer about their upcoming tour schedule.

"Hi... I'm Dallon... It's nice to-"

"Cut the act."

Dallon looked down at Ryan, a confused expression on his face.

"What are you talking about? I'm not-"

"You're not timid. You're faking it. You wanna get his attention and it seems that it's worked. However, you're crazy if you think you've fooled me."

Ryan sneered at Dallon, making the taller man cross his arms and squeeze his biceps in an effort to get rid of the anxiety rapidly building in his stomach.

"I don't know what you're talking about... Brendon doesn't pay attention to me like that, if that's what you're implying.. I don't think he ever will.... He's got Sarah anyhow."

"Sarah? Oh, her! Is he still lying and saying she's his girlfriend? You know she's only covering for him because he still hasn't recovered from our relationship. Doesn't like dealing with the publicity."

Dallon looked up from the ground, eyes narrowing in confusion.

"What do you mean, 'our' relationship?"

Ryan scoffed and actually rolled his eyes this time.

"As if you don't know, you dipshit. Brendon's my ex. We had a falling out, he kicked me out of the band."

"Oh.."

Was Dallon's small response. Ryan shook his head as he looked up at the bassist, an incredulous expression etched across his features.

"You are a sad fucking excuse for a bassist, y'know that?"

The bassist's shoulders hunched up and he could feel his eyes begin to water. He couldn't help it. He always had been extremely sensitive.

"Please stop..."

He mumbled softly and Ryan laughed.

"Why? You gonna cry? You know, you don't even deserve him. He's too good for you. You will never be good enough to ever even dream of having a relationship with him. You're nothing. I should be standing where you are right now. In fact, I should be the one-"