Four: Breathless

"Your words warm me up like a hot cup of coffee on a chilly afternoon."

🌱

🌱

"Hey." Lance greeted me with a smile dancing on his lips, while I walked up the steps to my front door.

"Hey can you please help me unload the groceries? I'll help you once I open this door." My tone was a bit off as I was still pissed off about what happened a few minutes ago.

His smile fell instantly at the tone of my voice. He must've noticed something was wrong because he didn't make any snippy comments. 

I slipped on some slippers and went outside to help Lance, surprisingly though he had all 6 bags already.

One trips were the best.

I locked the car then when Lance took off his shoes, I locked the heavy wooden door.

"So, what are you doing here so early?" I questioned him raising my eyebrows in confusion.

I skimmed over his body quickly, hoping he wouldn't notice.

He had on a black sweater with a button up under and some jeans and sneakers. He did look good though and he has a sense of fashion.

"Well, I don't have any classes today. So I saw we made plans so I got ready and came here once I was ready." He speaks surprisingly normal in person.

Meeting his eyes again, he smirks and his eyes were filled with amusement.

"Why? Are you scared I'm going to eat you or something?"

Never mind I completely take back my previous statement.

"Whatever, so is there anything you don't eat? I don't really know your food preferences and I like to make it enjoyable for everyone.." I carried some bags to the kitchen and I felt holes being burned into my back.

Well this is going to be a fun few hours alone with him.

"Listen, I'll eat anything you make. I'm not picky, so anything is fine." He flashes a cheeky smile my way when I turn around to face him.

"Okay well I was planning on making some chicken thighs, rice and peas and some broccoli with some salad..." I opened the fridge to put in whatever I wasn't going to need at the moment.

Lance sat at one of the dinner table chairs and stared at me, "Hmmm that sounds great actually. I was just at home watching Stranger Things and-."