Thirty: Christmas Eve

A/N: Hi guys! I can't believe I hit 2k reads! I can't thank you guys enough for all of the support I've been receiving. It's been making me feel super proud of my work ❤️.

The book will come to an end in about 1-2 chapters, which is making me super sad. This is my first book in 5 years, almost 6. This is like my newborn baby, I'm so glad you guys are caring for it!

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

* * * *

"Rainy, sunny, or gloomy, no matter what my love for you will always be clear as the day sky

"Rainy, sunny, or gloomy, no matter what my love for you will always be clear as the day sky."

Lance's POV

Letting out a big puff of breath into the chilly air, I buried my face in my frigid hands. I rubbed my chin a little bit, pondering for a split second.

Why didn't I just do this earlier.

There was a swarm of people; like bees chasing after honey in the city, everyone is doing their last minute shopping. As well as tourists that came to see the Rockefeller tree and the light shows.

I have to come see them with Maika one day.

She's been talking about how she's been wanting to come see the lights and tree, but denying because I've been busy. I know she wants to take pictures with me, in the beautiful scenery.

Pushing through the crowd, muttering a very angry 'excuse me' every time someone would stop in the middle of the sidewalk.

Do people not know how to walk?

I let out another groan of frustration, I've been to 2 stores and none had the thing the way I envisioned.

Bumping into a figure, I let out a snarl as a voice I recognized spoke up.

The vicious ex of mine, I don't even want to consider her as one. She should've never had the pleasure of dating me.

"Lance! What are you doing here?" A evil smirk appeared on her lips; that every guy has kissed on.

My eyes turned into slits, my eyebrows were scrunched together as I stared coldly at her.

"None of your business. Get out of my way." My voice got louder with every syllable.

She rested her skanky hand on my upper arm, a frown formed on her lips. "Come on Lance, don't be so mean. We're just talking."

Flinging her hand off of me roughly, I walked a few feet away from her. Her eyes followed me with every step I took, I can't believe I was nice to her before.

Maika was right, she is a sneaky vengeful bitch.

"Leave me alone. Don't even think about coming between my girl and I. I will always love her and her only. You're not worthy of even being in my presence."

My words came out viciously towards her, I hope it cut through her neck.

"Your girl isn't even all that. I'm way better than her, you know you loved me." She yelled back at me, as my face dropped as I felt my blood boiling.

Grabbing her wrist, I stared into her eyes with hatred in my heart.

"Don't ever, speak about her like that. You're way below her. I never loved you. You're just a jealous bitch." Letting go of her wrist, I walked forward bumping into everyone in my way.

I didn't care.

I needed to find the perfect piece for my baby.

* * * *

Sitting at one of the high top leather chairs, the middle aged salesperson greeted me with a commercial smile.

"Hello Mr. Johnson, how can I help you today?" She took out a catalogue and gently pulled out a few cases of the jewelry underneath the glass display tables.

I ran a hand through my brown locks as I took a deep breath. My eyes skimmed the cases of jewelry in front of me, no, not that one. Continuing onto the next row; no, fuck.

I felt like I was repeating the process for a good ten times, I let out a growl in frustration.

I can't find anything perfect.

Walking around in circles, I started to look up jewelry stores that were near me. I was beyond frustrated, I had returned the one I bought prior to this.

The saleswoman, Anita, jogged up to me with a box in her hands.

"Mr. Johnson! I think I found it! Is this what you had in mind?" Looking at her curiously, I looked down at her hands.

The delicate all black suede box contained a petite but gorgeous piece of jewelry.

The golden bands shined brightly although the store had bright fluorescent lights. My eyes widened in amazement as a goofy grin appeared on my lips. My cheeks were reddening at the thought of her face when she would see this.

The glint in the rock shone in every angle, catching my eyes.

I'm so glad I could afford this.

I've been working from home for a month now; the money was simply amazing. It made me happy knowing I could provide for my girl. Nathan has been asking me if I wanted to come into the company and work for him.

That is honestly the option I wanted to go through with. I know Maika and I will be together and even if we weren't; we'd be great friends. Nathan always praised me for treating his daughter good, he was glad to have a future son in law like I.

Taking the box into my hands, my grin got even wider. I closed it and handed it back to her, her eyes widened in excitement as she parted her lips to speak.

"I'll get it ready for you right now! I'm sure she is very happy to have a caring man like you." She walked off with my card and the box.

A few moments later she came out, she handed me a light pink bag with two hands. Her lips curved into a big smile, she gave me a bow

"Thank you so much sir! Hope you guys will be together forever. You deserve one another." She waved goodbye to me as I nodded thankfully.

"Thank you so Anita. You helped me so much. Happy Holidays to you and your family." I flashed her a sweet smile as I watched her gush.

Walking out into the store, a big gust of wind hit me. Zipping up my Canada goose, I started to walk to where my car was parked.

Looking up at the beautiful sky, the sky was becoming dark with a glint of white from earlier.

This is going to be a very good Christmas.