Twenty Five: Run

"Love doesn't measure time. If it did, I would've been 100 years in love with you already."

🌱

🌱

I rubbed my eyes a few times as I opened them little by little, my vision was still slightly blurry than normal. I turned to my right, his hair was hanging in his face as his eyes were still closed. His eyelashes were long and his lips were in a natural pouty state. He crinkled his nose as his lips turned to a frown then into a smile.

His eyes shot open which put me into a shock as my own eyes widened and I closed them.

He put his warm hand over my cheek as he chuckled in a raspy voice, "I know you're awake princess, I saw you." My lips curved into a smile.

Something distracted me from his hazel eyes that resembled the dreamy night sky.

11:30 AM.

"Lance! It's 11:30! Your class was at 10!" His eyes widened as he got up and quickly turned his head to the clock.

The blankets covered his torso perfectly, just before I would get to peek at anything. It's fine, I'll peek later.

"Oh shit! Shit! I said I would go in today! My group was supposed to exchange the work we did! They already hate me." He ran a hand through his hair as he muttered 'fuck'.

I frowned as I rubbed his shoulders, "I'm sorry, I should've set an alarm."

He shook his head, "I set one, I just didn't hear it. It's not your fault, I'll just tell them that my wife is going into labor." He smirked at me as I opened my mouth in horror.

I whacked his arm with my pillow as he held my hands down and kissed me on the lips. I rolled my eyes and said,"Who is your wife, why are you cheating on me?" I bite my lip, trying to hold in a giggle.

"This girl I love and I'm with all the time." He shot me a boyish grin.

"Do you ever feel like we're moving too fast? We always talk about our future, I know I love you so there's no problem." I fiddled with my fingers as I looked at him curiously.

He let out a velvety chuckle, throwing his head back in the process.

He shook his head and kissed my cheek, "Love doesn't measure time. When you love someone, time flies by naturally."

He was right, I thought to myself. He has done so much for me in only a few months and we have grown to love each other. He has done way more than me than Aiden, despite us being together longer.

I nodded while hiding my face in his neck as I felt a smile creep onto my face. He intertwined our hands together, I wouldn't mind waking up like this everyday.