Twenty Three: 3 Words

"I never knew what love was until I woke up next to you."

🌱

🌱

Maika's POV

Lance asked me out on a date tonight, I felt really nervous. It's not like we haven't been out a million of times but he said tonight would be special.

Standing in front of the mirror, I was filling in my eyebrows a little bit and applied some concealer to make them look neat. I applied my favorite mascara, in the darkest black to my naturally long and curly lashes. I used a highlight brush and applied Fenty's highlighter duo to the highest part of my cheek, leaving it glowing subtly but glamorously when the light hit it.

I had already chosen two outfits I wanted to go with, Lance said it was formal so I definitely had to dress nicer and wear heels. I groaned when I found out because I like to be casual, but since he asked me to I obliged.

One of the outfits I picked was a sage colored dress that reached below my knees, it was a very revealing dress. I didn't know it was going to be this revealing on me, it showed a lot of cleavage and hugged my curves from waist to hips to ass. The other outfit was a blush colored long sleeve crop top that had frills on the hem, pairing it with a white skirt.

I decided to wear the dress as it was just one piece. I carefully put it on without ruining my makeup because I would be pissed if that happened. I pulled and smoothed out the dress to my liking as I put on a black faux fur jacket. Lance is going to faint when he sees me.

I grinned widely at the thought as I grabbed my purse, putting some money into it and gum and my phone. Can't forget the lip gloss too!

I closed my lights and the door behind me as I walked downstairs. I saw my dad's eyes widen as he let out a big smile.

"You look beautiful sweetie. Lance is going to faint when he sees you." I blushed as I nodded.

"I said the same thing! I think I'm going to faint as well." Lance was always handsome, he never failed to impress me.

My dad opened his mouth to say something as he heard the doorbell ring.

Lance.

I started to get nervous as my dad put his hands on my shoulders and massaged them. He told me I looked fine as he opened the door.

Lance was standing there with what looked like a hundred roses neatly packed into a bouquet. My eyes widened as I felt my face heating up, it's hot as heck in here. My jaw was most likely hitting the hardwood floor as my dad gushed at us.

"Makayla." His lips curved into a smile as I rushed over and wrapped my arms around him awkwardly, considering I didn't want to ruin the roses.