Eleven: Mimosas

"Take a chance, tomorrow isn't guaranteed."

 🌱

🌱

I groaned loudly, "What's with this fucking traffic?People drive like they're blind!"

This dimwit in front of me keeps stepping on the brake every 5 seconds and I'm this close to breaking his face.

Jane was laughing while she was typing out a text.
"Calm down M, we're not in a rush anyway. Is there someone you're in a rush to see?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

I smacked her arm with my right hand, while the other was on the steering wheel. "And who are you implying at?"

Does she know about Lance and I?

I mean Jane and I haven't hung out since the day we went out for dinner

"Oh .. I don't know let's see..their name starts with a L." She smirked as she watched my face change from calm to pink.

"Lance? W-why would I be excited to him?" I caught myself stuttering as I tried to relax.

"You guys seemed pretty chummy at dinner the other day, joking with each other and what not."

"I know my best friend inside and out. You definitely have an interest in him." She teased me as she gave me a sly wink.

"We were just talking! I barely knew him and if I'm correct we were all joking and chummy." I rolled my eyes as she shut up. I heard her phone ring as she read a text.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see a evil grin rise on her face.

"Whatever you say, there's someone I want you to meet!" She shot a wink at me and I instantly froze, she's testing me.

I gasped as I thought, 'Bitch you better not'

"Oh really? Are they coming to hang out with us?" Jane, Lance, Grant and I were all going to hang out. We all agreed to go get some grub with each other.

Since that day I told Lance what happened, he's been extra protective over me. Lance was too cute, but that was the last I saw him and that was 2 days ago. He had to go to Maryland to talk about a potential job opportunity. We would text each other throughout the day but he was always busy.

"Yeah! I asked everyone else and they said it was fine." She grinned as she winked at me again.

Lance is definitely not going to be fine with it.

We walked into the restaurant, this place specializes in brunch. It was so packed, there was a short line outside. Scanning the room for Lance and Grant, that said they already got us a table. I spotted Lance as I swooned, he looked so handsome.