CHAPTER 4: My First Mate!

CAM

        I wake up to someone pounding on my door hard and loud. Almost as though it was the police or something.

        Frustratingly thinking it's my parents or Will, I immediately jump out of bed and run downstairs, furious towards the door.

        "Whoever this is, this better be important!" I yelled out before opening the door.

        I immediately became quiet as I saw Cynthia standing in the doorway, pissed off.

       Then the next thing I feel is Cynthia's hand wrap around my neck tightly as she pushes me up against a wall, choking me.

        "Now you listen to me. I could care less about your reasons on why you won't come back to Kristy. We both agree that you are a coward and frankly, I never had any doubts until recently about you being an Alpha. But you really need to grow the fuck up and be a man. Because I am so fucking sick of hearing her cry herself to sleep every damn night over you. The moon goddess never makes mistakes. And for you not to return, is like telling the moon goddess that she's wrong. You two are mates." She says.

        I think back a little to what she just said.  "Wait, she remembers me? But I thought her memory wasn't all there still?" I ask her.

        She then lets me go. "Yes, well, her dreams are starting to affect her and I know that it wont be long now until she finally remembers you. But you need to be there when she does." She tells me more calm now and while trying not to cry as she begins to walk over towards the couch to take a seat and places her face in her hands for a moment.

         I then rub my throat and neck a little where she gripped her hand at on me and started walking over towards the couch to sit down next to her.

        "Look, nobody knows this but, Kristy isn't my first mate." I began.

        "What?" She asks as she slowly turns to look at me. "What do you mean? Of course she is. Nobody ever has two."

         "Well, I did. I was sixteen years old when I first met my mate. She was born a wolf. Her name was Selene. She looked almost like Kristy with the dark hair and tanned skin. I wasn't ready to accept being with someone. I hadn't expected to have a mate until I was older and my training was done. But the moon goddess had something else in mind." I began while trying not to choke up too much.

         "So what happened?" She asks.

         "After becoming mates, it was almost a couple weeks later when Damien came. He had come and wanted to claim her as his. Which of course, I wouldn't allow. Then one night, while I was doing my rounds around our territory, somehow he broke into the house and raped her. Then waited until I came home and he fucking killed her. Right in front of my eyes. I was too late." I said as I began to no longer stop myself from crying a little at this point.

         I then feel her start to rub my back. "It wasn't your fault. I'm sure she wouldn't have thought it wasn't neither." She tells me.

        "You don't understand. I wasn't there for my unborn child or my future wife. And out of everyone, Damien, tried to destroy me again by taking her. And I couldn't protect her. I mean, what kind of a man doesn't protect their family? How can I look into Kristy's eyes, whom I swore I'd protect, but didn't. How can I look at her and tell her I'm still the man that promised I would be there to never let anyone hurt her. But couldn't." I wipe my eyes real quick and sniff a little bit. "So you see, I can't let that happen again. I won't be able to survive. My heart, can not survive that again."

         It's quiet between us for a brief moment until she says something.

         "Look, I know I haven't been through what you've been through. But I want you to know, that she loves you. She's still alive. She can't survive without you. And remember, she chose this life with you. Because she loves you. Everything she has ever done and ever will do for you is because she loves you. Just as you do her also. But you can't give up. And you need to remember, that there's a reason for everything. Including, that you two could always try again for another kid. You two can get married and without Damien or her shitty sister in her life, you won't be in so much danger. And besides, we have your back." She smiles at me.

         I look at her and smile. "Yeah. You're right. I'll be right back." I tell her as I get up to go and use the restroom.

         After I splash some water on my face and take a look in the mirror at myself, I start thinking about the future with Kristy and how much I love her more than anything, just as I know she does with me also.

       I also know, that Cynthia will not say a word of what I just told her to anyone. For no one else needs to know nor do I want anyone to know.

        As I finally agree to go back with her to Kristy, I come walking out the bathroom and back towards the living room where she's at, smiling and right before I am able to tell her anything, I see her looking down at her phone then looking back up at me, surprised and shocked.

       "What is it? What's wrong?" I ask her.

       "It's Kristy. Will says that her memory has come back, but that she's upset and has run off and doesn't know where she's at and can't smell her." She barely manages to get out, sounding worried.

       "I'll drive." Is all I tell her and we start heading out to my car and then towards the house, which happens to be a couple of hours away. I hope she doesn't do anything bad.

        In which I quickly find out from Cynthia picking up her phone from Will and telling her that he feels like something's wrong and what she told him about how she feels guilty. Like everything's her fault. I then start to punch the gas more and try to get there sooner. Which luckily, not many people take the back roads home like I am, so it'll be clear of other cars for the most part.

          I try to mind link with Kristy telling her I love her and that I'm coming and not to do anything bad.

         Please god, don't let me be too late! Was all I kept repeating to myself.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)