CHAPTER 16: My Best Friend

CYNTHIA

        I couldn't believe this was happening to us. And one of the worst parts about it was that it made me realize just how weak I am. I can't even protect our Luna.

         Kristy was taken upstairs a few hours ago and hasn't been back yet.

         Then suddenly, I heard the door at the top of the stairs open up, one of Nick's guys was carrying Kristy over his shoulder and opens up her cell door and places her back against the wall, with both her wrists rope tied together in front of her and the man shackles her angle to the wall again.

           The guy then leaves and I quickly make my way towards her. She's moaning a little in pain and looks to have been beaten badly.

           "Kristy? Are you okay?" I ask while trying to not cry.

        "Cynthia?" I hear Kristy say weakly.

        "Yes?" I answer, while wiping the tears that are falling down my cheek.

        "I'm sorry." She tells me.

        "For what?" I asked her confused.

        "For not being strong enough for you guys. I'm a terrible Luna. You all deserve better." She begins to say.

         "Don't say that. You are the best Luna we could ever have. We are lucky to have you. I'm sorry. I'm supposed to protect, as our Luna from danger and I failed you." I began to say while still fighting back tears.

         She looks at me and we both lean closer to our cells and are now sitting next to each other and we start holding each other's hand through the cell bars.

         "You have not failed. Neither of you have. And if anyone has been lucky through all of this, it's me. I was given the greatest opportunity to become your Luna. You all have made me feel special. And no matter what happens, please promise me something." She says.

           "Anything." She says.

           "No matter what, just go with it all. Protect the pack. And know that I love all of you and Cam." She tells me through tears, in which I'm still confused.

           "What?" I ask, then the door upstairs opens up again and a couple of guys come down quickly, then open my cell door and right as they come walking in to take me away, I suddenly realize what happened upstairs. She gave them her for exchange of them letting me go.

          "Nooo!!! Let go of me!" I began kicking and screaming as they started carrying me away.

         Then the next thing I know, they tie my wrists together, put duct tape over my mouth and then throw a black cloth bag over my head and I feel them throw me into the back of a car.

*****************************************

         What had felt like forever, I hear the car door opening, while the car was still moving and the next thing I feel is someone tossing me out the door and my body suddenly hits the concrete pavement.

        Then I suddenly hear a familiar voice that I never thought I would ever hear again.

         "Baby?!" Will yells out as I then immediately get blinded by the sunlight as he quickly removes the bag over my head and the sunlight hits my eyes and then he starts to cut off the rope from my wrists and then gently removes the duct tape from my mouth.

           "Will?" I say tiredly.

           "Come on baby. It's okay, I got you." He says as he scoops me up into his arms and begins to carry me into the house.

           Once inside, he sits me gently onto the couch.

          "Kristy." Was all I could say.

          "What about Kristy?" He says.

          "Where's Cam?" I asked.

          "I'll go get him." Will says.

          He then get's up and runs into the office where supposedly, Cam and the rest of the guys were at.

          Suddenly, everyone, including Cam comes running out to me.

         "Cynthia. Are you okay?" He asks me.

         "Yeah. I'm fine. But...." I began but was interrupted by him.

          "Where's Kristy?" He asks, though I could tell by the look on his face, he already knew.

          "She made a deal with them. She would stay with them so that I could leave. But I swear, I didn't know about the deal, until two guys grabbed me and started dragging me out. And I know that I failed you Alpha. I was supposed to take care of our Luna, but I couldn't." I broke down crying.

           "Shhh." Cam begins to tell me as he hugged me. "It isn't your fault. And trust me, we WILL get her back." He assures me.

           "But how? I don't think he'll bring her to the fight." I tell him.

           "Nick was never gonna really give us a fight. He was using that as a distraction. He really wanted to have his pack come and kill us on the battlefield while he murdered my parents and the rest of the council that were  supporting him. But not anymore. We took care of that plan. Well, my parents did turned out they knew all along who the people were that betrayed them in the council and they took care of it last night. However, Nick doesn't know that yet. Which means, we have an advantage to attacking him tonight at his house and getting my Luna." He says to me.

         I can't help but look at him as I continue crying.

         "I wan't to come. I want to fight." I beg him.

         "Baby, no. You need to rest." Will says.

         "No. I'm going." I tell him and then look over at Cam with pleading eyes, "Please. She's my best friend. Plus, I know a few secrets of his house. Places you guy's can use to your advantage." I tell him.

         Everyone's quiet for a moment. Then they all look back at me.

        "Fine. But at least rest. We will leave in a few hours." He says.

         I nod my head in agreement and then Will helps me up and we begin heading upstairs for me to take a bath.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :) Also, the next chapter will be the fight. :):)