CHAPTER 12: Battlefield

CAM

         We have recently gotten word that Nick plans to have the fight in the middle of the forest where we normally do our training for fights.

        In which was perfect cause this way, we can train there and get everyone familiar with the area.

        The biggest obstacle we have right now that was more concerning, was the fact that we needed to speak with the council and get permission to have a battle.

         Yes, we did the last one without their permission. However, my parents covered it up. Though this time, I knew we wouldn't be able to. Besides, I couldn't ask for my parents to do that again.

         So instead, despite how nervous I was, I knew that I needed to approach the council and to get their approval. 

         So as of right now, both me and Will are heading over to the council and after arriving and being escorted into the room where they were all already sitting and looking at both Will and I.

         As soon as we get to the middle of the room, my mother begins to speak.

        "What is it you wish to speak with us about?" She asks.

         "We wish to speak with you about very important and urgent matters. There is a fight that has been arranged to take place in our training field. It is with a another pack whom are known as rogues. They are a threat to my Luna and to other's in our pack, as well as this council. So I am here to ask your permission for us to proceed and to take care of them." I tell them without showing nervousness.

         The council all look at one another for a little while and quietly are whispering and discussing with one another about it.

        Then about ten minutes later, they look at me and Will.

        Then one of the guys that is sitting to the left of my dad asks, "Alpha?! You feel this is the only way?"

         "I do." I reply firm.

         They all take one more look at each other and then look back at us and my father then speaks.

          "Then you may proceed. However, if this goes bad, then you will have to pay for the serious consequences." He warns me.

          "I understand." I reply.

          "Alright. You are both dismissed. And son? We can not help you." My dad adds.

          "That's alright. I will be fine." I assure him with a smile and then both Will and I leave and start heading back to the house.

*****************************************

           After arriving home, we saw all the guys standing and sitting all around the living room, waiting for us to return, as I soon had found out.

           Right as soon as we came home, I was looking for Kristy but couldn't find her.

           When I looked at Cynthia and mouthed where she was at, She pointed upstairs.

           I told Will to inform everybody about what was going to happen and that tomorrow we were starting our intense training. Since most of the ones in my pack haven't been in goo many fights let alone battles. And this one was gonna be a little worse than we had with Damien and Amy.

           As soon as I lightly knocked on the bedroom door and opened it up, I stepped inside and saw Kristy lying on the bed in her side with her back towards me. I could hear her sniff.

          "Baby?" I ask softly while closing the door behind me.

         "I can't believe this is happening." She begins to say while sitting up and leaning her back against the bed headboard.

         "I know baby. But I promise, everything is going to be okay. I promise that nothing will happen to you. We are going to get through this together and then later on we're gonna spend the rest of our lives telling our children and their kids what all we did, just so they could have a future. We are going to grow old together and nothing or no one, will take that away from us." I tell her as we look into each other's eyes.

          "Promise?" She asks me as she begins to tear up.

          "I promise." I assure her and then give her a long and passionate kiss on the lips.

          I let her know before going to bed about the training tomorrow and for the next several days.

         Just as I thought she would be, she was not scared and if she was, she was really good at hiding it.

*****************************************

         When we woke up the next morning, everyone was waiting for both Kristy and I to come downstairs.

          Then as soon as we walked outside, everyone was looking at us but also looked like they were ready.

          "You all know why you're here. Most of you have never been in a fight, let alone a battle. Those of you who were in the last fight, that is nothing compared to this one. We are not fighting for just the protection of YOUR Luna. But for the council as well. Our future depends on winning this fight. These aren't just any rogues and Nick, isn't your typical Alpha. This fight, will determine our future." I addressed to all of them.

          One of the guys from the pack had then started speaking.

         "But Alpha?! Isn't it true that if we don't win this and things go bad, that you will suffer great!" the guy asks.

         Which I wish he didn't say that cause I haven't mentioned that to Kristy yet.

         "No. Everything will be fine." I lied. "Now everyone break up into pairs and lets head down to the field where we will also be fighting." I tell them all and then look over at Kristy real fast.

          "Why didn't you tell me something would happen to you if you lose?" She asks mad, but more sad as I can see it in her eyes.

          "Kristy, nothing is going to happen to me." I assure her.

         "You don't know that. And I know the consequences the council will give you. Or should I say punishment and torture?" She says.

         "Listen..." I began to say as I started also walking up to her and lifting her head to look at me. "I know that you're scared. Cause I am too. But you know what? If I focus, even if you focus on the bad things that can happen, then for sure, they would happen. Not because so much of fate or jinxing anything. But mostly because, you will be distracted by that fear and then you could get hurt. Besides, the only person or thing that could ever hurt me. Is you. If I lost you. So please baby, trust me." I tell her with pleading eyes.

          "Okay." She quietly replies before kissing me real quick and then we head down to the field.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)