xv. [get ready]

JAY, chapter 15

JAY GOT UP AND INSTANTLY FELT lightheaded. Lonnie jumped at his help and gave him a hand.

"You okay?" She asked worriedly.

"I'll manage. C'mon, we need to get the others and go to the Isle of the Lost." Jay stated and threw on his leather jacket.

"Are you crazy? You can barely walk." Lonnie exclaimed and crossed her arms.

"What do you suggest? Lay in bed all day while my friends get themselves in danger because my family?" Jay questioned, rhetorically.

Lonnie stood quietly, not knowing what to answer. Then she inhaled a sharp breath. "What's your plan?" She asked and raised an eyebrow.

Jay smirked. "Now we're talking!"

"Please tell me we're not just going to improvise!" Lonnie begged.

Jay looked down and then back up at Lonnie. "It wouldn't be me If I had an actual plan, you know how I am."

Lonnie rolled her eyes and followed Jay out of the room. They met Carlos, Evie and Mal at the girls' dorm room.

"We got a problem!" Jay stated.

"What? Really?" Mal replied sarcastically and motioned to the window, from where you could clearly see the dark black sky.

"We need to visit the Isle, before anyone here gets hurt." Evie murmured and started pacing in the room.

"Lonnie, where's the lamp?" Mal asked.

"Maggie has it." Mulan's daughter replied sadly.

The VK's all exchanged looks, Mal looking extremely disappointed. "We need to get it." She finally spoke.

Everyone else nodded and headed out of the room. Lonnie showed them the way to Maggie's dorm room, since she knew where everyone's room was.
Maggie opened the door pretty quickly.

"I think I know what you're here for." She said without letting anyone else speak. "Here." She showed them the lamp she had been holding in her left hand. Jay attempted to grab it, but Maggie pulled it back. "One condition: I'm coming with you."

Jay looked over at everyone else. Lonnie sighed and nodded. "You can come."

"Lonnie!" Evie yelled out.

"C'mon Evie, she's trained and ready for everything, besides, she was the one who got us the lamp." Lonnie defended and looked at Maggie.

"It was you but whatever you say." Maggie chuckled.

"Shh!" Lonnie ordered and turned back to the VK's. "Do we have this much time?"

"Fine. She's coming." Mal said steadily and grabbed the lamp.

They all grabbed their motorcycles and hopped on them. Lonnie sat with Jay and Maggie sat with Evie. Everyone took off at once, Mal spelled the bikes and in a glance of an eye, they found themselves on the Isle of the lost.

"What do we do now?" Lonnie questioned.

"We need to get close to Jafar, then we need to get him back in the lamp without dying." Carlos said. "Piece of cake!" He added sarcastically.

"Be careful with everything, basically everyone here hates us. So everyone is dangerous." Jay told more to Lonnie than to everyone else.

"Okay, I remember that." She replied quietly so that only Jay could hear.

He turned around to leave, but then turned back around to face Lonnie, grabbed her by arm and walked with her a little farther. He sighed and started talking: "I know how much you hate this, but please be careful and If anything happens just call my name, Okay?"

"Okay, Jay. I will be careful." Lonnie assured.

Jay opened his mouth to say something but then changed his mind. But then again he spoke: "If anything really happens, then just know that... ugh." He grabbed Lonnie's face with his both hands and kissed her passionately.

She immediately kissed back and put a hand over Jay's hand. "Same goes for you." She whispered and left to join the team.

Jay smiled to himself and joined everyone else.

"Okay, Maggie has got the lamp, we have Jafar's location, only thing left to do is to lock Jafar in the Lamp forever." Mal said like it wasn't a big deal. "And we will handle the task because we're rotten..."

"...to the core." VK's finished in unison.

"Here goes nothing." Carlos murmured and they all ran in direction of Jafar's shop.