ten

GAR

I felt horrible after (Y/n) and I's fight. I couldn't get my mind off of it. Everything she said to me, and how she fussed about it. It swam through my mind turning my confusion and shame into anger and sending it surging through my veins. I couldn't do anything but text her and say I was sorry. But it didn't help much because she wasn't picking up her phone.

"Ugh, this is fucking bull crap!" I tossed my phone beside me, which was on Bella's couch. I was hanging out with her again, only because she pleaded until I got tired of hearing her whining voice on my phone. Why did I give her my number after she told me her name?

Oh, because she begged for that too.

"What is?" Bella came around with two flashlights. She'd cut off the lights in the house because it was almost two in the morning. I couldn't sleep, and she was awake, so tada, here I am spending the night with a half-stranger on her couch waving kiddy flashlights at eachother until one of us goes temporarily blind.

"My girlfriend won't answer her phone." I let out an exasperated sigh, "I'm trying to apologize for getting mad at her, but she makes it seem like ever since she's met this guy she's so damn insensitive and it's like she doesn't care anymore. I mean, I know she does but-" I looked at her. She was watching me with a cookie half shoved in her mouth, "Ugh. Fucking- never mind." I mumbled. The thing about Bella was that her eyes were a very pretty hazel color. But, when she was in the dark, they looked jet black and made her look like some kind of creepy possessed doll.

"No no, I get it!" She said, her cold hand resting on my wrist, "Girlfriends can be truly stressful. I should know. This girl last year got totally mad when her boyfriend wanted me. It was truly pitiful. And then she had the nerve to blame it on me when she got locked in the girl's bathroom. Almost costed me my reputation." She did a small hair flip, and poured, putting her hand on her heart.

"That sounds awful." I mumbled,"When I first met (Y- I mean my girlfriend, she thought she was miserable because she doesn't have a father and her boyfriend treated her like crap. It was pretty sad. I had to help her. I couldn't just let her cry like that. That's how we got so close.. and well.. I can't say I don't miss the days when it was just her and I."

"Aw that's so sweet!" She cooed. I smiled softly, staring at the books sprawled on her coffee table. Bella's classes ended two hours ago, and she had finished her homework when she invited me over. She told me when I got here that she'd have to go to her college in the morning to put her books away and turn it in,"Are you hungry?"

"Huh?" I ask, craning my head towards her.

"Yeah, I totally have some cupcakes in the kitchen. My mom loves to bake, even though I tell her that stuff will give her a muffin top. Pfft." Bella waved her hand, and got up, taking an empty plate that had been randomly sitting on the table. For some reason, that plate looked like it fit well with how her coffee table looked. I didn't know it was even a plate to eat on.

I was also starting to wonder if Bella actually had a mom. She talked about her all the time but not once have I seen her or any photos of her. Bella waddled back in with a tray of cupcakes, a third of it chocolate, a third vanilla and the last was red velvet. I beamed, taking a vanilla one.

"Enjoy. Cause I'm sure not gunna eat all of these by myself." She joked. I slid the cupcake holder off of it and set it off to the side. I bit into it, and the warm goodness seemed into my mouth and made my tastebuds tingle. Her mom could really bake!

"Oh man, these are amazing!" I chirped with a full mouth. Bella watched me with a grin on her face. I finished off my first cupcake in no time flat, rubbing my tummy, "Man that hit the spot. Maybe your mom can teach me how to bake sometime. I'm sure the Titans would love these cupcakes."

"Yeah maybe." She stared at me.

"..What?" I watched her, and her eyes sparkled something fierce. I wondered what she was thinking. But sometimes, I really needed to watch what I wondered about, because she started to lean in until she was an inch away from my face, "W-what are you-" her lips captured mine, and caught me off gaurd. I stumbled a little, my hand slipping off the couch. She started to suck on my bottom lip lightly, and then I realized how wrong this was. I pushed her away and stood up,"What are you doing?!"

"You had icing on your mouth." She smiled, wiping her bottom lip slightly with her middle finger. She then stuck her middle finger in her mouth and hummed, "Vanilla frosting. My favorite."

"You could've at least told me or something!" I panicked.

"I'm sorry." She pouted, "It was just so cute. I didn't want to wipe it off. But then I didn't want you to look like a fool."

"So you kiss me?!"

"I didn't mean it in any way like that. I swear." She held up her right hand, and hung her head in shame.

I sighed, "Fine. Just.. don't surprise me like that." I sat back down.

"Yes sir." She smirked.

Oh god, kill me.

[][][]

Alright alright, who invited lime to the effing party?

Guys, i know. I can't just drop a lemon and then turn around and squeeze lime into your eyes. That's just horrible. But that's totally what I did. Muahaha!

Don't be a silent reader! Vote, comment, share!

Xoxo,
Brace