pulling out of the darkness

My head hurt as my eyes fluttered open I felt a hand in mine and slowly turned my head to face the man.. me moving awoke the man when he looked up our eyes met and he smiled "kassandra I can't believe it's you I went to try and talk to your parents but they had said you had passed in the night and your fiance had you laid to rest in his family's plot , I don't know what to say ....... several moments of silence passed between us ......can I ask you a question ?? " I nodded he went on to ask " how long have you been with child" I closed my eyes and took a deep breath " sence I spent the day at the lake ..." Jacobs eyes went wide " I ..I am the father ... " I intrupted him with a nod and my finger on his lips ... " I'll tell you what happened after that day ...
... taking a deep breath amd preparing myself I began slowly ......I found out I was with child right before the wedding , my parents .... I paused ...... paid Travis to marry me and once I was his he....he ........ gave me lashes every night without stop until he had to leave town, ...a gasp left jacobs lips ....that's when I ran I've been running for what seems like forever ...... I looked back at him ....How long has it been since the lake ??" He looked at me puzzled it's been almost 6 months you have been with child for six months ..." I looked at him and smiled" I'm really glad I found your orchard it was a blessing .. " my stomach growling intrupting us he laughed and called for someone to make me food.

I ate two plates of food happy to get real food for the first time in a while
Jacob sat in the chair at my bedside until I had finished my meal then sadly he asked .. the wounds on your back those are from the lashes .. I nodded yes .. he went on .. why did he do that to you ... I looked at Jacob and then away again and spoke softly with tears stinging my eyes ... he was trying to make me loose the baby... jacobs mouth fell open and his head fell into his hands ... he gave you the lashes because of me.......