Chapter 8

In one single movement I leapt to my feet looking up at the body towering above me with an empty bucket. His laughing was completely out of control, rock hard muscles rippling under his skin. I glared daggers at him, my anger was searing inside my body.

"What the hell you idiot!?" I screamed, trying to shake the water off my body.

"I warned you. I have called you the last ten minutes, but you just kept ignoring me. It's you own fault." Max answered, still laughing like crazy.

Even though my back was aching from sleeping on the ground and my head was spinning in confusion from my dreams, I still managed to pull myself out of the pit. Teach him a lesson. I threw my entire body at him, fists raised and screaming. Blood was searing through my veins and throbbing in my ears. Smashing into his square frame I managed to topple him over, creating a small cheer in me. But before I could manage to hit him I was sent flying across the ground, rubble, rocks and dirt scraping across my skin.

"Woo sis, not bad, but not good enough." Max spit out mockingly, waving his hand in front of him like he was telling me to come get it. Are you laughing at me!? Are you serious!? I came home to help, not being treated like crap! You can do better than that. I clenched my fists as hard as I could, my knuckles turning white, rage was brewing in my chest, tightening, suffocating.

"Fuck you!" I snapped back. My body was trembling with anger.

"Ohh, princess got fire." He barked throwing his hands up in mockingly defeat.

I charged, throwing my fist at him aiming for that smug smile hovering on his face. He's too fast. This is where I regret not keeping up my training. Max evades every single blow against him, his movements filled with grace, like he's doing the waltz dancing me in circles. Concentrate, don't let your anger take control.

After what felt for hours of trying, fighting and struggling to hit him he tackled me to the ground, I shrieked in pain when my back smashed down. What the hell! A fucking rock? Pain soared through my body, lighting every nerve with a scorching fire spreading in my limbs. His weight pressing down on my stomach as I try to arch away intensifies the pain, my arms pinned to the sides. Locking me in a stiff position underneath him.

"Get the fuck off me you moron!" I snarled, gritting my teeth to not scream out in pain.

"Why should I? I thought you were better that this. Stronger than this, in control. But you're just acting like an insolent child. What, baby got a booboo? Grow the fuck up! You're pathetic!" He retorted, shrugging and shaking his head. He rolled off me in one fluently movement right to his feet, dusting off the specks of dirt that had dared to assault him. This is my chance! I got him now! You just made a mistake! Don't do it, it's not gonna work. The hell? I thought you were on my side!?

Max had his back to me. I sucked in in a deep breath through clenched teeth, to focus, concentrating my senses. The wind danced on my skin, sending goosebumps down my neck, ears perked to the gritting sound of dirt under his feet, his muscles in his back twitching beneath his bronze skin. Wait, what? Why is he moving like that? Its like he's in... slow motion? I felt my teeth sharpen and my claws emerging. Yes! Ignoring the pain shooting through my back I leapt to my feet, running, charging. A familiar scent caught my nose, filling my nostrils with sweet roses, filling up my lungs with this suffocating scent. I was drowning, out of control, my mind got hazy. I glimpsed her in the corner of my eye. What was I doing again?

A firm hand grabbed around my neck, snapping me out of my daze. Dammit! Max made a spinning movement just before impact, grabbed me and sent me careening face first into a tree. Aw, fuck! Blood came gushing out of my nose like a waterfall, but really my whole face was one big bloody mess. My lip had split two places as well as one eyebrow, a cut followed from my cheekbone down to my jaw, blood smeared all over me.