Chapter 24

"It's not that bad is it?" Max panted. I shook my head.

"No but I didn't expect it to be. This pack used to stand for power, I know that fighting was high on the list here." I chuckled as I remembered how much time I spent fighting my parents on the very same grounds. "Alright everyone, take a break." Luke came sprinting over while dropping his torn shirt to the ground.

"Mac! You can't just boss everyone around without participating yourself. It's not good for morale." Luke smirked.

"As far as I know, last time you tried fighting me things didn't turn out well for you." I grinned.

"Yeah, well. I'm prepared this time." Luke scoffed and crossed his arms.

"Max, you want in?" I asked and tugged my top over my head, leaving me in shorts and sports bra.

"Oh, right. You're going to show off?" Max grinned. I shrugged and glanced at Jessica over my shoulder.

"Maybe." I smiled. Jessica's eyes was definitely on me and a blush crept onto her cheeks. I threw my top at her and winked. She gave me a shy smile before I turned back to my brothers.

"You're so on!" Luke yelled and smacked Max's shoulder. They both ran off to talk tactics, leaving me alone for a minute. I rolled my shoulders, trying to loosen up.

The pack was watching us closely and clearly amused. I smirked at Max and Luke when we stood face to face. Luke circled behind me, disappearing from my view. I took a deep breath to focus my senses. I might not be able to see him but I'm definitely going to be able hear him. Max closed in on me and so did Luke behind me. The gravel under his feet rang clearly in my ears. Max was the first to throw a punch, aimed right a my face. I blocked it with one hand and smashed the other in his chest. Quickly I spun around, just in time to catch Luke's arm reaching for me and throwing him in the same direction as Max.

"I got ears Luke, and you're not silent enough, you big oaf." I grinned and winked. Both Max and Luke came at me at once, Max swinging high and Luke trying to sweep my feet out under me. I caught Max's hand and jumped, sending my knee into his chest. Max staggered back and I used him as a springboard to jump down on Luke's back. Luke's body smashed into the gravel. I rolled off him and put some distance between us.

"Are you two even trying?" I provoked. Luke's eyes flashed yellow and he leapt to his feet. I dodged the first fist at my face and blocked the next to my ribs. Luke managed to graze me with his claws on my arm, but I grabbed it, spun around him and clocked an elbow into his spine. Max was right there aiming for my chin, I evaded by ducking and throwing a solid fist upwards to his jaw. Max staggered back and growled.

"Now we're getting somewhere." I grinned at them. Both of them had their claws out and their eyes was glowing. There was no way I was going to shift unless I needed to. Luke came at me with bared teeth throwing his claws at me but he only managed to leave shallow scratches over my arms from blocking him. He landed a kick to my ribs that I didn't see coming and staggered right into Max's arms that held me tightly.

"You're not going to get out of this one." Luke grinned and slowly approached us. I tried to twist out of Max's grip but he held on too tight. When Luke came close enough I tightened my muscles in my arms and back, slamming both feet into his chest to help me twist my body over Max, landing behind him. I reached one arm around Max and held him in a chokehold. He tried getting me off by smashing his elbows into my stomach and ribs but I didn't release my grip. Luke charged to help Max but I twisted Max around like a shield, preventing Luke from getting too close. I twisted my body, letting Max hold me up and sent a solid kick to Luke's face that sent him down on his back.