Chapter 1

"Why are you looking so fancy, girl?" Stacey asked me when I sat down at our table in the cafeteria.

I glanced at my outfit, my shoulders dropping as I remembered why I'm dressed like this.

I didn't look bad, I was wearing a dress which was white lace for the top like a blouse and a navy blue skirt. Black stockings encased my legs along with black heels to make me look a bit professional. My blonde hair was in a high ponytail but plaited instead of loose.

My makeup was natural complimenting my olive complexion as well as my grey eyes, my black glasses was set on my face.

I stared at the table before looking at my friends, "I'm helping the welcome committee with the exchange students today. Luke asked me yesterday since Lacey is still sick." I told them.

"You didn't say no? You hate human interaction." Josh said surprised at my decision.

"Oh, of course, she hates it but Luke asked and she couldn't say no because of her crush on him." Stacey chuckled, I felt my face heat up.

"I don't have a crush on Luke, he's just a friend," I replied holding my cheeks, yep definitely feeling a heat there.

"Please Kris, don't deny it, we all know that you like him and it's time you own up about it, ask him out." Ally said as she placed her hands on mine pulling them away from my face.

"Yeah Kris, he'd be an idiot if he rejected you." Steve piped in before turning his attention back to his phone.

I smiled widely at my friends, they really were the best, accepting me despite my past.

"Okay, I'm gonna ask him, he's supposed to me in the hall waiting for the students," I said while raising to full height.

"Yes go get your man!" Stacey shouted, thankfully there weren't many people in the cafeteria at this hour.

I smiled at them one more time and strolled out of the doors. I heard some chairs screeching, so I know that they're following me. I chuckled quietly at this. They're such idiots.

I turned down the hallway to see Luke leaning against the lockers. His head raised up as he heard me approach, his eyes raked my body before settling on my face. His mouth quirked into a smile, I almost melted on sight.

Luke was the golden boy of the school, star quarterback, student body president, on the honour roll and a candidate for being valedictorian. He is six foot two, has an olive like complexion from being in the sun a lot, as well as his parents, is from the Caribbean.

He has black hair which looks a bit wet right now since he had football practice this morning. There have been many times that I wanted to run my hand through his hair.

And his eyes which are my favourite part are royal blue, they sparkle when he's happy or confused but when he angry or even when he's thinking the shade darkens.

I returned his smile as I got closer glancing at his eyes, they were sparkling at the moment.

"Hey Kris, I'm so glad that you decided to help me." He said leaning off the lockers, straightening his posture.

"Of course Luke, what's the sense of being a part of the student body council if I don't help," I said before looking down at the ground.

I always get flustered around him and can't think properly. Damnit, how am I going to ask him?

"Hey, a part of the council or not, I appreciate you helping me," He replied while lifting my chin with his fingers.

I blushed at this. Okay now or never.

"Luke, can I ask you something?" I questioned, he nodded.

Here's goes nothing.

"Will you go on a date with me?"

There I got it out. I looked down at the floor, silence echoing in my ears. I felt my face being raised up again. I looked up at him, his blue eyes darkened as he thought about my question.

I was about to speak when he smiled, his eyes sparkling very bright, the muscles of his eyes were wrinkled too.

"I would love to go on a date with you Kris." He replied.

I looked at him in shock, he said yes. He likes me! Omg! He likes me. My mouth began to hurt when I realized that I was smiling widely too.

"Really?" I asked he nodded in response.

"I actually want to ask you for a long time but never got the courage too, you see I like you a lot," He said while a squeal sounded.

I blinked that wasn't me, I turned around to see my friends jumping up and down as well as handing the other money.

"Umm guys?" I questioned, they all froze.

"Oh don't mind us continue talking about your upcoming date." Stacey squealed before coming and hugging me tightly.

"I told you so." She whispered in my ear before running back to the group which decided to leave Luke and me alone.

"Sorry about that, they're weird even when you get to know them," I said while brushing a stray hair away from my face.

"Don't worry, I like your friends." He said and was about to say something else when someone called my name.

"Kristina?" I spun around to see who called me but froze as I saw her.

"Cindy? What are you doing here?" I asked walking closer to her. I pulled her into a hug.

"Oh my I've missed you so much it's been three years too long. I'm here for the exchange program." She said causing me to freeze.

"Who else came?" I asked hoping that it was just her familiar face, but before she could answer.

"Wick? Is that you?" I stiffened as I looked away from Cindy to see Cedrick, Mateo and Blaze.

Taking some deep breaths, I plastered a fake smile on my face, "Welcome to Brooke High School, everyone." I was about to open my mouth again but a voice that I haven't heard for a long time stopped me.

"Thanks for the warm welcome Wickella." He said, his voice still smooth and sweet as honey, huskier than last time.

I took a step back before glancing up at him fully. He grew a bit more, his blonde hair a darker shade, shaggy yet still inviting. His eyes jade green glistening with happiness as he raked my body, his luscious lips forming the famous smirk that I was once fell in love with. My heart clenched as I gazed into his eyes again, it was still happy but there was a glint of anger in them, anger at me.

"Nuca."

Hey Awesome Nation!

Hey Awesome Nation!

Wazzz up?

Okay so I'm back at it with a new story, so here's another sneak peak. I'll update when my exams finish on the 14th December.

For those who are readers on Fae, I'm gonna put it on hold for a while, it's going through some major editing so please be patient with me, Fae will be back, until then FHP is going to at the top of my to-do list since I have a clear idea of what's supposed to happen.

So what do y'all think of this first chapter??

Comment below please, your feedback is necessary to me, I willing welcome it but please don't be trolls or else.

Thanks for reading

-Danielle