Chapter 8

"Is there anyone who would have a vendetta against you Ms Johnson ?" The detective asked me.

I glanced at him, he looked tired after a really long day, maybe in his forties, divorced, has two kids maybe even a pet, medium built with salt and black pepper hair.

"There are a lot of people who would like to see me dead, detective if you must know, but the only one I could think of is my ex-boyfriend, Nuca but his alibi checks out, so I'm sorry to be of little help," I told him, my tone void of emotion, my face stiff.

His shoulders sagged as he let out a frustrated breath. 

"Are you sure Ms?" He asked, I just nodded my head.

"Well until we get information from analysis, there isn't much I could do except have a squad car post outside your house and follow you and your family in case of any danger." He told me standing up, I stood up also and shook his hand.

"Thank you, detective, that's more than enough," I told him before leaving the interview room.

"What did he say?" Raiden questioned me as I walked out the door.

"He's assigning a squad car to watch the house and follow us for security," I told him while we walked out of the station.

"That's all?" He sounded disappointed.

"They can't do much Raiden, they don't have enough evidence or information to make any accusations," I stated before getting into the car.

"But the culprit is Nuca! Why aren't they arresting him?" He questioned again sounding upset.

I took some deep breaths before facing him, I was tired, fed up of everything that's stopping me from moving forward, I just want to put everything behind me and move on with my family but it just seems that I can't.

"Hey, Wick look at me, I'm sorry for shouting, I didn't mean to make you cry," He told me, I touched my face feeling the wetness from my tears and the salty taste in my mouth.

"I know that you want justice Raiden, but these things take time okay, they don't have enough evidence to arrest Nuca and he also has an alibi, as well as, they searched his and the boys' rooms for anything suspicious," Taking a deep breath I continued.

 "I'm just really tired, emotionally and physically, I just lost Midnight, it's just too much to deal with, Nuca coming back into my life and this is just too overwhelming, so can we please just drop it until the police gets information," I told him, my voice dry, trembling as I felt to cry.

"Sure, of course, Kris," He said while wiping away my tears.

I gave him a small smile, "Thanks, Rai."

..............................................................................................................................................................

Three weeks passed and still nothing from the police, the analysis didn't give much evidence to convict someone, just that Midnight's neck was snapped before her organs were removed and placed into the box.

Teague hasn't said a word since the incident, he's been affected really bad by this and we've tried everything to cheer him up even saying that we could adopt another cat but we got nothing so mom decided to give him some space until he's ready.

I was on my way back to class when Luke stopped me in the halls. Crap, my mind totally slipped about the date, oh my gosh, I'm such a witch.

"Hey Kris, how are you?" He asked before stopping in front of me.

"Hi Luke, I'm good and totally sorry for not getting back to you about the date," I apologized to him.

"Oh no it's okay, I understand that you had some family emergency to deal with," He said.