Chapter 5

"Why are we running?" Cindy asked as I kept pulling her through the school's hallway.

I glanced at her over my shoulder and smiled, "we're running from your brother." 

She rolled her eyes at me, "seriously, only a few hours have passed since y'all made up and you're back to your ridiculous antics," she told me.

"It's not ridiculous, it's fun," I told her while I pulled her into the gym.

I let her hand go, walked to the bleachers and sat down, she followed me and sat right next to me.

"Why are we here?" she asked me while looking around. 

The cheerleaders were practising their pep rally routine for tomorrow's welcome back ceremony.  I chuckled at their movements, all their tumbles and flips.

"What's so funny?" Cindy questioned.

"Nothing really, I just remembered that Stacey wanted me to join the squad when I came here. She literally came up to me and said that I had the body of a cheerleader and that I should join," I told Cindy, chuckling a bit as I thought back to that day.

"So you didn't join?" She asked.

"Oh no of course not, I didn't want to, not that I don't think it's a sport, well I really don't know about that aspect of it but they are serious athletes and I had a lot to deal with so I didn't want to take on a huge responsibility and let them down," I told her while I watched the routine.

"So why are we here then?" she asked.

"I sometimes help them out with their routines, point out mistakes, fill in if one of them is sick, support Stacey as she's captain. Oh, we're also hiding from your brother and it's the perfect place to talk about your relationship with Cedrick," I told her, my focus still on the cheer squad but I felt when she froze and heard her intake of breath.

"H....how did you know about......." she started.

"About your relationship?" I faced her, looking into her eyes, my face serious.

"Before you say anything, I know that I shouldn't be dating him but he's just so sweet and really nice to me," she stated, her hands shaking as she tried to reason.

"Why would I tell you not to date him?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"Because he's in a gang and Nuca's friend and that you d.....," she paused to look at me. 

Her shoulders sagged as she relaxed when she saw the smile on my face. I giggled at this and smirked.

"Cindy, please I'm not gonna tell you not to date him, one because it's your decision, not mine and two, he's a good guy, a really good guy. He's not really Nuca's friend, he hates him, like really hates him but he stays close in order to inform the police about Nuca's involvements," I told her, she looked at me shocked.

"How did you know?" she asked me.

"I found out when I was dating Nuca, I was a bit curious about his disappearances and he was always on his phone or laptop, so I hacked it, found out that he was a police informant and confronted him. He was ballistic when I told him that I knew but he knew that if I told Nuca that it would be the end," I paused wincing at that memory, I was so "in love" with Nuca that I did whatever it took to keep him from getting in trouble.

 "So I made him a deal, he gets to keep his life as well as his family's lives if he doesn't tell them that Nuca was involved and he did it, he wasn't happy about it but he kept his end of the deal and so did I well until my parents died I did," Sighing I looked towards the cheerleaders before facing Cindy.