Chapter 7

"When your lips are on my lips Then our hearts beat as one But you slip out of my fingertips Every time you run, whoa-oh-whoa-oh-oh"

I hit the stop button on my phone before rolling over to the left side of my bed. I groaned as I got off the bed, still a bit tired. I walked over to my closet, pulling out some running clothes and shoes then went into my ensuite bathroom to change my clothes.

I went downstairs to see my dad making coffee, and Scott sitting at his feet, walking into the kitchen, I got Scott's leash from the kitchen closet and took some water out of the fridge.

"Morning Dad, working early today?" I asked as I ate an apple.

"Yeah, the lab called me in," he said before facing me, "morning run today?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm taking Scott with me since I didn't get to walk him yesterday," I told him throwing away my apple core and hooking Scott's leash to his collar.

"Be careful," He told me while I walked to the front door.

"Come on Scottie, let's go outside," I told Scott.

He's one of my pets that I got when I moved here, mom and dad thought that getting a dog would help Teague and I cope with the move and other changes and it did. Taking care of Scott, took my mind off of a lot of things. I love him so much, he's a Siberian Husky with black and white fur and icy blue eyes.

We got two cats also since Teague was afraid of Scott when we first got him, so we got an Ocicat which Teague named Midnight and we recently got a Norwegian Forest Cat which I named Shadow. Midnight was grey with black spots while Shadow was black and white with some patches of orange.

Speaking of cats, Midnight rushed past me when I opened the door, I walked out calling for her but she didn't come.

"Stay here Scott," I told him walking back inside.

I knocked on my father's office door before opening it, "Dad, Midnight ran outside as I opened the door and she's not answering my calls, you know how much she loves to explore, can you tell mom to look for her if you can't please," I told him before leaving the house with Scott for our walk.

................................................................................................................................................

"Kris! Where have you been we need to leave now!" Stacey yelled as she rushed me to the door.

"What, I just got back and I need to prepare for school," I said stepping around her and towards the stairs.

"No, you have to come with me, Susan called in sick, so she can't cheer today and Summer is still on break since she broke her arm before school started, I have no one else but you, please Kris," she told me breathing a bit hard close to panicking.

I pulled her towards me only to realize that she had my school bag, gym bag and her bags in her hand as well as my car keys and phone.

"Okay, Stace, breathe, let me just tell my mom that she has to drop Raiden and Cindy to school, and then we can leave, breathe okay, everything is going to be fine," I told her, she nodded and kept breathing.

"I told your mom already, and she said okay, so can we leave please," She told me when she calmed down, I agreed, taking the keys and my bags from her hands.

"Alright let's go," I told her and we left for school.

.........................................................................................................................................................