Chapter 3

I ran as quickly as possible, diving into the closet. I closed the door, trying to be quiet. I knew I failed because I could hear the door, closing. Knowing I had limited time, I looked around for a weapon. I saw a broom sticking out of the corner of the closet, and I grabbed it. I then, holding the handle between my legs, managed to pull the top off of the broom, turning it into a weapon I could use.

I then put the stick on the floor and grabbed my walkie-talkie, which I had dropped on the ground when I entered. I looked at it to see it still tuned into the right channel. I hit the side button and started screaming into it.

"Alpha 1 to base, Alpha 1 to Alpha 2! Alpha 1 to Mallord! Someone answer!" I could hear the boys pounding on the door I had barricaded closed. Well, okay, I hadn't barricaded it, some stuff had fallen in front of it, but I had locked the door.

"Help! I need help!"

Mallord was sitting in the main control area of the Youngest Blood base. It was in what had used to be the living room and was semi-small. She had been talking with Hothead, Android, KitKat, Torn, and Zaftig when the alarm went off.

"Holy crap, that hasn't gone off in forever!" Torn, a beefy kid with hair dyed dark blue yelled, jumping into his seat.

"What was that!?" Mallord asked the slim brown-haired KitKat.

"We seem to have somehow gotten a transmission on a deactivated radio channel!" Android, the petite girl with curly hair that was dyed a very light purple.

"Okay, then patch into that channel!" Mallord yelled as the 4 others began to push buttons on the large white control panel. (very similar to the control panel in the movie Inside Out). Zaftig, the black haired kid who was a little shorter and darker than the others was under the panel, trying to fix something.

"One of the main circuit boards is damage, I need to fix it!" He yelled, pulling a wrench from his stereotypical toolbox.

"I'm patching in now," Hothead replied, holding headphones with a microphone on her head since they were a little too big. At first, the message didn't play audio, it played in Hothead's headphones. As she listened, her facial expressions change many times, from what?, too huh, to Oh dear Lord.

"Mallord, you need to hear this," She hit a blinking red button that sent the sound out a speaker.

"Mayday! Help! This is Alpha 1. Alpha 1 to Alpha 2! Alpha 1 to Mallord! Someone pick up the fricking talkie!" Mallord walked over to the communication center next to Hothead and picked up a headset. She put it on and held the button that turned on the microphone.

"Alpha 1, this is Mallord. Who is this?"

I listened to the boys trying to break down the door, screaming into my walkie-talkie. I let go of the button for a moment and heard the walkie-talkie spring to life.

"Alpha 1, this is Mallord. Who is this?" I couldn't contain the smile. I hadn't heard that voice in 1 year.

"Mallord! Oh my God! Mallord you're alive!" I yelled.

"Why wouldn't I be? Are you okay?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No, I'm not. I've been tortured the whole year. And Fall Out Boy is evil. This whole crazy organization has been kidnapping celebrities left and right. Girls, they try to turn, boys, they kill. Except for some bands. It's bad." Mallord didn't reply for a moment.

"Tortured?"

"Yeah, and I need to get out of here. I'm at the Voiceless base. Fall Out Boy is right outside my hiding place..." I jinxed it. Just then, Patrick unlocked the door, and the boys broke through.

"Well, we found that little bitch," Pete said. I kept the walkie-talkie on, hoping Mallord could hear.

"Holy shit, you did!" I yelled. I quickly clipped the radio to my belt and grabbed my stick. "Now let's have a little bit of fun." I started spinning it wildly, just trying to hit something. Which wasn't pretty hard. I was knocking all sorts of stuff down in that dark dingy closet. I tried to hit the boys but failed multiple times. Then, I landed a strike on Andy's arm. He cringed in pain as I smiled. I kept swinging, trying to hit the other boys. As I did, Patrick snuck up behind me.

As I fought, Patrick grabbed me from behind, holding me at my waist. "Let me go!" I yelled, desperately trying to free myself. Patrick chuckled.

"Not so fast," He whispered in my ear. As he did, he unhooked the walkie-talkie and opened the battery compartment. "We're not done just yet." He let the batteries out of the walkie-talkie. I could hear them bounce off the floor as my hope sunk deeper than the hole I was in was.

"Yes, I'm done here." I shoved the stick into Patrick's back. He dropped me, holding his back in pain.

"Ah! The bitch is annoying! Oh! My back hurts like shit!" I rolled a little bit till I reached my walkie-talkie. I then grabbed, grabbed my stick, and hopped up. I ran to the door and looked in.

"See you." I slammed the door shut and began running toward the way I had come in, toward the elevator. I kept running, hearing the boy's heavy footfalls behind me. I knew I had only a little bit of time to get out. I saw the door ahead and realized that I couldn't open it.

"Oh, shit." I knew I had to get out of this place. I veered left, toward the staircase that led to my cell.

"Is she going to her cell?" I heard Pete yell as the 4 followed me.

"Why would she do that?" Andy asked.

"Let's just get the girl, how bout that?" Joe asked. I saw the staircase coming up and quickly charged down it.

As soon as I got down the stairs, I rushed to my right. I got about 30 feet down that narrow hall and pressed myself against the wall. I tried to force my breathing to be quiet, but I had run too hard to keep it manageable. I saw the four shadows race down the other hall. At that, I ran down my hall and to a small metal door.I pushed on it with all my body weight and burst out into the open air. I sucked in the cool, crisp air as I ran down the hill. The sun was nearly down, as it was getting close to 5 and it was winter. At least, I thought so. I kept running, hoping I would be able to get away from my God forsaken prison.

"I'm finally free!" I nearly screamed. "And let's hope I can keep it that way." I ran away, feeling the breeze on my face, something I hadn't felt in a long time. I also felt the wind pass over my stump, something I had never felt before. I kept running into the setting sun, wishing it could take my trouble away.

"Let's get outta here." I kept running, away from the place that held everything from the last year. Everything was changing now. And I had to change with it.